Scroll to Top Button for Emby Web

tomnjerry74

tomnjerry74

It would be useful to have a "scroll-to-top" button present universally for any given page of the web ui. If you need an example of what this means, scroll down on any page of these forums. After a certain point, you will see the button fade-in on the bottom-right of your screen.

I can see this request being countered with "this can already be achieved by using the alphabet selector on the side".

image.png.4f010c2f60cabccc3a660f3d96790595.png

However, this is not present in many places where a scroll-to-top button would still prove to be incredibly useful.

For instance, when viewing a full library with sorting options set to anything other than 'Title'.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Hi, I suppose it's possible. Perhaps a floating button that only appears once you've scrolled down a certain amount.

• Like 3

tomnjerry74
Just now, Luke said:

Hi, I suppose it's possible. Perhaps a floating button that only appears once you've scrolled down a certain amount.

Yes, precisely. I believe it would be a useful feature, especially when scrolling down a large library with the new infinite-scrolling.

GrimReaper
19 hours ago, tomnjerry74 said:

Yes, precisely. I believe it would be a useful feature, especially when scrolling down a large library with the new infinite-scrolling.

Or use Extension/Add-in for your browser of choice, I'm using one for Edge Chromium for exactly that purpose. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
gillmacca01

Using an extension would be no good on a TV.

Whatever option may come along, it needs to be compatible with all devices 

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

Using an extension would be no good on a TV.

Whatever option may come along, it needs to be compatible with all devices 

I agree, but the OP was about Emby Web. Don't know which TV app you refer to, but in Android TV app single 'back' takes you to top inside any library.

GrimReaper

Don't know does the same apply to Samsung TV app, quite easy to test, though? 

FrostByte

ATV on first click of Back takes you to the first poster in any library, then returns to the previous screen on the second click of Back

Emby for Android, Samsung, and other ET apps just immediately take you to the previous screen.

• Like 1