Path Substitution Issue

nuentes

nuentes

I'm using the current Emby for Kodi plugin on Kodi 18.8 installed on an Insignia Fire TV. The TV has a relatively small amount of memory, mostly from cached Thumbnails. I started looking into Kodi path substitution to try and free up some space. I moved my Thumbnail cache to my NAS, and the load times were just fine. I also moved it to a USB drive plugged into the TV just to compare, and still good. However, I noticed that images that are not yet cached are no longer loading from Emby. My head starts to spin a bit when I think about what's going wrong, and how what I've done could have caused this.

I figure this is fine, and I'll just open Emby and click "Cache all artwork". Well, whenever I do that, it updates 46,996 items, but after that process completes, I get a message saying "Waiting for threads to exit: 33902". I've left this process for up to 20 minutes, and it never appears to complete. It just hangs there every time I try.

So can someone help educate me how I can perform Kodi path substitution when using Emby for Kodi on a low-memory device? I'm not quite sure what to do next. I'm afraid the answer is to update or repair my Library, which takes a solid 3 hours, and I'd rather not do that since I just did it yesterday...

nuentes

ok, it appears that I probably didn't have write access to the USB drive. I'll look into that later, but when I change the path substitution back to the network share, Emby is able to cache the un-cached items.

"Cache all artwork" still does nothing, though. Would be nice if it did.

quickmic

Emby for Kodi 4.x versions have some issues with artwork cache. e.g. if you set the Kodi http interface to a different port as default.

Please wait for 5.x version.