EmbyServer process using high CPU, identifying shows very slow

charlyp
Go to solution Solved by charlyp,

Hi,

I've just installed Emby on my F4-210 (TOS 4.1.32) and added all my movies yesterday. I started adding the TV shows last night and went to bed. This morning, most shows are okay, but some need to be manually identified. So I started doing that and found out something was wrong.

The Web interface is really slow when identifying TV shows: the show posters don't show up on the choosing screen, they remain grey squares. When choosing one, the validation takes very long, sometimes ages. I tried for a few TV shows and it was still very slow each time, sometimes so slow it looks like it's stuck.

The TerraMaster resource monitor shows EmbyServer using ~100% CPU and ~20% memory. The main CPU usage is about ~30% (it's usually 1-2%) and ~40% total memory.

Up to now, the NAS was used for Time Machine backups only so except for Emby, it's mainly idle.

I've attached the latest EmbyServer log.

EDIT: I've been monitoring for a while and the EmbyServer process is now back to normal CPU usage, so I guess it was finishing indexing or something. However, the selection screen when identifying a TV show still doesn't show up any posters, which is a problem to correctly identifying shows —this doesn't happen when identifying movies. I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ch.

embyserver.txt

blankposters.png

Edited by charlyp
Additional information

Hi, yes the initial scan can consume some resources temporarily. What version of emby server do you have now?

Hi Luke,

I have version 4.5.2.0 running.

I just tried identification again: posters are still missing for TV shows, no problem with movies.

Ch.

Ahhh, I see what you mean.

Here's what I have, in this order:

Metadata Downloaders

Series Season Episode
TheTVDB TheMovieDb TheTVDB
TheMovieDb AniDB AniDB
AniDB    

Image Fetchers

Series Season Episode
TheTVDB TheTVDB TheTVDB
FanArt   Screen Grabber

Should I try to set the same sources for both metadata and images?

Ch.

As I wrote in my second message, the CPU usage wasn't a problem anymore. I removed the Anime plugin anyway.

I changed the image fetchers selection to reflect the metadata's, but there's still no poster when identifying TV shows —and only TV shows.

Ch.

There's nothing obvious there, no errors, so it appears the downloads for those posters might just be happening very slowly. In the meantime you could still try completing the identify process and see what happens after that.

I already did. I completed the TV shows yesterday, without seeing the posters. Sometimes, the poster shows up immediately on the TV shows list, sometimes it doesn't so I have to edit it manually.

So it's all okay, my library is now complete. But still, there's something wrong that I hoped could get fixed for the futur imports. And posters really help identifying the right show 😃

Ch.

• Solution

Okay, clearly inspired by one of your previous messages, I changed the image fetchers (and metadata) order to put TheMovieDb first and now the posters show up when identifying TV shows. Cool.

Thanks for your help!

Ch.

postersdoshowup.png