Can't add Permanent Users unless "Allow this user to manage the server" is enabled

m1chaelf

m1chaelf

I  have 4 accounts on my Emby server, which runs on a separate Raspberry Pi than any of the  clients. My account is the administrator and has most privileges. I have an account for my parents, my sister, and my nephew and niece that are users only, so I don't want them to change settings in the server. When I log in via Emby for Kodi, My account was able to add permanent users, but the other 3 couldn't. Clicking on Permanent Users did not display the popup for them. After playing with settings in the server, I was able to get the popup and add Permanent Users only after I enabled "Allow this user to manage the server" on all accounts. I want make my sister's account a permanent user on  her children's account, so movies she watches with them will be marked as watched on her account. This behavior is consistent on three different  devices that are running Kodi (2 Raspberry Pi and 1 Windows 10). I already had a Kodi profile to show my watched status, but share that through Permanent Users to my parent's account when we watch together, but it worked because my account already had "Allow this user to manage the server" enabled. Why is  "Allow this user to manage the server" required for an Emby For Kodi user to add a Permanent User?

• Like 1

EliteArmedForce

+1 Facing the same issue. Luckily someone has already posted this. I am using the RPi4 as my home media server, with 6 user accounts.

Edited by EliteArmedForce