Aspect Ratios of DVD Rips

JohnnyM

JohnnyM

I have had this issue for awhile. 97% of my movies in the library are DVD rips.. The resolution based on the information in MBClassic is list as 720 x 480 for all of the rips. However, the aspect ratio of can be 2.35:1, 1.85:1 and even 1.33:1.

The issue I have is the Media Browser does not fill in the AspectRatio for any DVD Rip. Using my own metadata XML file, I include the lines "<AspectRatio>2.35:1</AspectRatio> and it still be not fill the metadata into the library. I have even tried "<OriginalAspectRatio>2.35:1</OriginalAspectRatio>" with no success.

The Aspect Ratio therefore does not show on the Detail Screen of the movie unless I manually enter the aspect ratio using Metadata Manager.

This method is a pain in the "you know what" and prone to not getting done.

I don't see why the tags of AspectRatio are not being picked up and included in the Metadata in the library.

Any help would be appreciated

JohnnyM

Using the metadata manager is the proper way to edit this information.  I'm not positive what the proper xml tags are but that doesn't matter if you use the included facility to edit.

There is no good online source I know of for this information.  I wish there were.

JohnnyM

That might be true but when you have to do it for 800 movies the facility included gets a little cumbersome.

Isn't there another way?? I can use XML tags to write everyother field I need

JohnnyM

You still have to decide which value to put in which movie - they aren't all the same.  So how is using the web interface more cumbersome than manually editing xml files?

There is a list on the side, you select a movie, enter the aspect, hit save, select the next movie, enter the aspect, hit save...

JohnnyM

I have a database that I created years ago that contains all the necessary information about my movie library.

When I found MB2, I used my DataBase to create the XML tag files that feed MB2. Along comes MB3 and with few changes in code it interfaced very easily.

For example, I decided to put a tagged intro into my library based upon how I rated the movie. After creating the 5 different intro's and adjusting my XML Tag code. I was able to put a custom-intro-3beers.mp4 into the tag so that your plugin would play the custom intro for the movies I rated a 'B on a scale of A for the Best to F for unwatchable.'.

When I changed my code, which took about 10 minutes, I was able to change the MB3 database for over 900 movies with it's own intro in about 90 seconds. If I had to do it manually it would have taken countless hours so I probably would not have done it.

JohnnyM