TrueHD (Local Downmix)

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

I’m playing 4K content with a TrueHD 7.1 track or at least that’s how it’s labeled by Emby on a Shield.  I’ve tried just about every setting I can find but I’m still getting “Audio codec: TRUEHD (local downmix”. 

I’ve tried setting the shield in Auto, manually setting each format and setting the shield to never use surround sound thinking that might just be passthrough. I rebooted in between each change and made sure the AVR was turned on first. 

for the life of me I can’t get it to not downmix. 

Any thoughts?

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Do you have CEC enabled on the Shield? Try disabling all those power options in the Shield and reboot so that the AVR is powered first. That fixed it for me and it continued to work after I enabled the CEC/power options again.

Spyderturbo007
11 minutes ago, Ruato said:

Do you have CEC enabled on the Shield? Try disabling all those power options in the Shield and reboot so that the AVR is powered first. That fixed it for me and it continued to work after I enabled the CEC/power options again.

Unfortunately everything was already disabled under the HDMI-CEC section. 

vdatanet

How is all the equipment connected? Remember, If you use ARC TrueHD is not supported. You should connect your Shield to your AVR if your systems does not support eARC.

Edited by vdatanet

Spyderturbo007

No dice unfortunately. I tried that after each change. Left the receiver on and rebooted the shield.  No TrueHD. 

I noticed that when I choose Auto under available formats on the shield that it appears to see Dolby TrueHD. so it appears as though it’s picking it up.  I switched to manual, turned it off then went back to auto and it turned it on.  

F8B0625C-2731-4160-A4C3-9475E476B741.thumb.jpeg.7354e2458ffacc47cb293fd7bac8f331.jpeg

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

I have no clue what I did, but it works. I was just turning things off and on and rebooting. Nothing that I hadn’t already done.  Weird. 

F1080054-C2A0-470D-842C-B95EAAF3D96E.thumb.jpeg.ca24e9c118d4ac649eed4b6bdb84c51d.jpeg