Firestick Lite transcoding HEVC

duojet

Hi everyone,

I just got a new firestick lite and I noticed emby is transcoding HEVC even though the firestick lite is capable of playing HEVC. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

vdatanet
1 minute ago, duojet said:

Hi everyone,

I just got a new firestick lite and I noticed emby is transcoding HEVC even though the firestick lite is capable of playing HEVC. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

What's the transcode reason in SFN? Can you post the transcoding log?

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, duojet said:

transcode reason is VideoProfileNotSupported. I will try to post a log soon. Thanks for the reply!

Video codecs
  • H.265 (HEVC). Hardware accelerated up to 1080p @ 60fps, 20 Mbps, Main 10 Profile Level 4.1, Color space 8-bit and 10-bit input with HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG.
  • H.264. Hardware accelerated up to 1080p @ 60fps, High Profile up to Level 4.
  • H.263. Hardware accelerated up to 1080p @ 30fps, 6 Mbps, Profile 0 Level 70, non-secure
  • VP8. Supported up to 1080p 30fps. Baseline profile, non-secure
  • VP9. Hardware accelerated up to 1080p @ 60fps, Profile 2 up to 20 Mbps
  • MPEG-2. Hardware accelerated up to 1080p @ 60fps, non-secure
  • MPEG-4. Up to 1080p @ 30fps, Simple and Advanced Simple Profiles Level 5, non-secure

Can you post the media info? Maybe it's out of specs.

vdatanet
1 minute ago, duojet said:

It looks like the ones that don't transcode are not in the logs

No, when direct playing there's no log. Can you post the media info (working an not working)? Something like this:

32187986_Capturadepantalla2020-12-12alas21_09_04.png.d0ffc445d574497b901c953219f192e3.png

How can I get that media info from the firestick in SFN? Also, the SFN info on the firestick doesn't seem to have as much info as what you have posted. I will try to just take a couple photos

vdatanet
Just now, duojet said:

How can I get that media info from the firestick in SFN? Also, the SFN info on the firestick doesn't seem to have as much info as what you have posted. I will try to just take a couple photos

It's a screenshot using the web app.

vdatanet
7 minutes ago, duojet said:

sorry, also, I can't get to the media info screen you show. I can only see stats for nerds

Look at the detail page on web app. You can also use this tool (MediaInfo):

https://mediaarea.net

Edited by vdatanet

21 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Look at the detail page on web app. You can also use this tool (MediaInfo):

https://mediaarea.net

Ah. Thanks!

Ok. I am cutting/pasting the media info:

One that doesn't transcode:

image.png.76faba1b8a71165d96594ac6ba9c2a93.png

one that does transcode:

image.png.a1ec701ebca56dace7c3499e7257fa8c.png

another that doesn't transcode:

image.png.652dfa74b5aae34eed3f46d029816cd1.png

another that does transcode

image.png

image.png

Edited by duojet

13 hours ago, duojet said:

i sent the log at 10:41 pm yesterday, username duojet.

Hi.  Did you play an item for just a couple seconds immediately before sending that log?  I cannot see the playback.

I did. Just tried it again. I played about 10-15 sec of a file that direct plays, and then clicked send logs. Let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

I know this has been discussed before, but not sure of the latest....is there any way to disable transcoding completely?

vdatanet

If you disable transcoding for the user in the server, then you won’t be able to play something that requires transcoding.You can try if you want.

16 hours ago, duojet said:

I played about 10-15 sec of a file that direct plays,

Hi.  We were looking for one that transcodes, right?

On 12/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you please play one that does transcode for just a few seconds and then send a log from the app?

5 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  We were looking for one that transcodes, right?

no, i had provided logs for the ones that do transcode earlier in this thread. The log I uploaded specifically from the fire TV app is for one that does not transcode. The confusion is that they are seemingly similar if not identical video profiles but one transcoded (unsupported profile) and one doesn't

Hi. I asked specifically for a log from the app for one that transcodes so I can see why that is happening.  If you sent a log from the app for one that transcodes previously, I apologize but could you please give me details on that if so?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi. I asked specifically for a log from the app for one that transcodes so I can see why that is happening.  If you sent a log from the app for one that transcodes previously, I apologize but could you please give me details on that if so?

Thanks.

ok sorry. I didn't realize you wanted a transcode log from the app specifically. I have just uploaded one. Same username - duojet. Thanks.

14 hours ago, duojet said:

ok sorry. I didn't realize you wanted a transcode log from the app specifically. I have just uploaded one. Same username - duojet. Thanks.

Can you put your server logging in debug mode, restart the server, and then play that same item for just a few seconds and post the server log?

• 2 weeks later...