Android mobile browse libraries

randyc53

randyc53

Android app v3.1.64

Server  4.5.3.0

I don't see a way to browse libraries in the android app. If I press on the More icon in the bottom nav bar, it opens Settings (same as pressing user icon). I can browse if i press on the TV shows icon in the nav bar, and then press the drop down arrow next to TV shows. This isn't intuitive and I just stumbled upon it. Why have the settings page displayed by pressing More and the user icon? I think it would make more sense if pressing More would display the Libraries, like pressing the drop down arrow next to the TV shows. Thanks!

randyc53

Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes, on the home screen of the android app, I can see the latest TV shows, Movies, Pictures, etc. There is a icon on the bottom navigation bar which I can select TV shows. That's the only library that's available there, which is okay since I would use it frequently. But the other libraries aren't shown on the nav bar, and I expected "More" to display them. Does this make sense?

pwhodges

Yes, as far as I can see you only get your first library there - which I agree seems a waste of space. 

But since my home screen is full with my libraries, I never even glance at the bar at the bottom (actually, it was months before I even realised it was there!).

Paul

randyc53

I don't see the full library on the home screen, only "Latest". If I want to browse say the Pictures library, I need to select Latest Pictures and then Folders or Photos. I'd rather not clutter the home screen with all that. Some libraries I don't want visible on the home screen, but I'd like the option to access them, similar to the drop down selection on the TV shows library (Selecting TV shows on the bottom nav, then selecting the drop down arrow next to TV shows upper left). I don't understand the duplicate selection of the "More" displaying settings, ant the user icon displaying settings? It would make sense for the More hamburger selection to display all libraries. Plex has a hamburger icon next to "Home" which does this.

pwhodges
9 hours ago, randyc said:

I don't see the full library on the home screen, only "Latest". If I want to browse say the Pictures library, I need to select Latest Pictures and then Folders or Photos. I'd rather not clutter the home screen with all that.

Well, that's your choice.  For my part I display the libraries and consider all the other options "clutter" - but I suppose I'm odd, just wanting direct access to what I choose rather than suggestions and reminders and so on!

Paul

On 11/12/2020 at 23:36, randyc said:

Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes, on the home screen of the android app, I can see the latest TV shows, Movies, Pictures, etc. There is a icon on the bottom navigation bar which I can select TV shows. That's the only library that's available there, which is okay since I would use it frequently. But the other libraries aren't shown on the nav bar, and I expected "More" to display them. Does this make sense?

Makes sense to me; I thought the same thing the other day when I changing the "my media" widget. I did raise a suggestion about setting the "my media" widget to the small version a client side setting so it doesn't replicate to the web page.

I think it stems from the fact the app is loading the web interface (what it feels like anyway, haven't looked at the code) and doesn't have its own interface if that makes sense. You don't have all the traditional app side menus etc so your limited to what's in the middle of the page which comes from the server.