EAC3/AC3 audio suddenly not working after most recent update to 4.5.3.0

BlazedMonkey
Go to solution Solved by BlazedMonkey,

BlazedMonkey

2 day ago I'm watching through Brooklyn 99 and Big Mouth, both are playing fine on my Nvidia Shield.  Now suddenly the same episodes won't play the audio.  When I select playback correction, they start working again since they are transcoded to AAC. But like I said, 2 days ago the exact same episodes (I went back and double checked the ones I knew I had just watched) were working just fine without transcoding, and now suddenly it's just silence until I do playback correction.

Is this an issue with the most recent update, or should I be looking at something else?  I haven't updated my Shield in the last 2 days, or my PC, the only thing that has updated to a new version is the Emby Server.

Edited by BlazedMonkey

BlazedMonkey
7 hours ago, ebr said:

That is a beta.  Please update it to .57.

My apologies, I went back and double checked after I couldn't update it. I mistyped, I already was on .57

• Solution
BlazedMonkey

Ok, now I don't know what the deal is. Everything seems to be working fine again. Bizarre. The only thing I've done in the last 24 hours is to restart the PC for Windows scheduled updates. Maybe just restarting everything did the trick. 

Sorry to waste your time gents, thanks for trying to help. 

• Like 1