Inverse filtering

vtjapes

Not sure if I'm using the right term but I searched every think I could think of.  It's likely it already exists so I apologize in advance.

Is there a while to filter OUT.  For instance if I wanted to see all movies EXCEPT a specific genre for example.  I know I can filter to see all action movies for instance but how about filtering so it shows ALL BUT Horror.  Is that possible now or even feasible as a future item?

Thanks for taking time.

• Like 9

• 2 years later...
Breece
On 12/11/2020 at 4:37 AM, Luke said:

Hi, yes I agree it would be a useful addition. Thanks for the feedback.

Hijacking this and combining it with a question:

Is there any way to inverse filter / search by language? I'd like to have all movies in dual language but have to check each one individually. I can filter by languages but not by "missing".

Example: all movies are English, but some have Spanish as well.. I'd like to find those that do not have a Spanish audio track.

Inverse filtering would do the trick wouldn't it?

On 6/2/2023 at 5:11 AM, Breece said:

Hijacking this and combining it with a question:

Is there any way to inverse filter / search by language? I'd like to have all movies in dual language but have to check each one individually. I can filter by languages but not by "missing".

Example: all movies are English, but some have Spanish as well.. I'd like to find those that do not have a Spanish audio track.

Inverse filtering would do the trick wouldn't it?

That's a little more complex than a single inverse but yes, certainly doable. Thanks.

Breece
59 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's a little more complex than a single inverse but yes, certainly doable. Thanks.

Thank you for the reply. So i guess its not possible (atleast through emby itself) as of now directly?
I did find a workaround: Open two tabs with the movies listed and choosing different filters. Then going through the missing items one by one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Breece said:

Thank you for the reply. So i guess its not possible (atleast through emby itself) as of now directly?
I did find a workaround: Open two tabs with the movies listed and choosing different filters. Then going through the missing items one by one.

Correct, not at this time, but it would be a good thing to add.

• Thanks 1