Roku

Lucky2357

Not sure if this is just an angry customer or spam. If we could have more details on exactly why you feel this way it would help. Otherwise we just shrug our shoulders and want to help but cannot. Thanks for being honest. If we do suck we want to know. We need to know. But we would sure like to know "in your own words" what areas could be improved at the same time. We cannot improve without knowing why you feel we suck on Roku. We reply. We try to help. We cannot do much in this case. Apologies. Happy Holidays.

Please, if you have the time. Can you give us any clues to where we fail? Thanks again. ^_^

Edited by speechles

Gilgamesh_48
2 hours ago, speechles said:

Not sure if this is just an angry customer or spam.

I do not really think it is "spam." but I do think it could well be trolling.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, either for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or manipulating a political process.

Of course you could be correct and the person is just angry for some reason. We have innumerable recent examples of how poorly some people handle their anger.

I genuinely wonder. The addition of the emoji with a tear. As if it were sucking so badly it leaves you in tears. That is a very critical complaint that we take seriously. This is why I am question the motives. If this is an actual complaint that we need to investigate and spend our time on please give us indications where we need to improve. We do not have all the time in world to chase every issue but serious issues do need us to take time to look into. Please keep this in mind when you post. We really do want to help you and need information to help you. Please give us the courtesy of helping you rather than dismiss us before we even begin to help. We are here to help. That is our purpose. Your media your way. Where have we failed you? Please give us a clue. Thanks for your time.

Maybe they just think that Roku sucks because they haven't come to a deal with HBO Max?

Maybe they are HBO Max gaining sentience?

Edited by roaku

• 2 weeks later...
mjpeterson29

I love using my Roku Ultra with Emby.  I find Emby to be much superior to Plex.  And I think Emby could get a bigger market share over Plex if Emby Premier was something more like $20-25 instead of $120.  But nope, I don't hate my Roku at all.  I got sick and tired of constant freezes/pixelation on my Blu-ray players that I just converted them all into .mkv files and watched that way.  The only thing I hate about Roku is that it doesn't support PGS subtitles in an .mkv container.  Even older players I've had like the WDTV Live supported it (as long as you compressed the subs with zlib compression).

On 12/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, roaku said:

Maybe they just think that Roku sucks because they haven't come to a deal with HBO Max?

Maybe they are HBO Max gaining sentience?

The HBOMax deal is done, so Roku has it all again.

And I can confirm that the Roku client is excellent.

Edited by roaku