Finally moving my picture library to Emby while quarantined

LiquidFX

LiquidFX

Since Google is changing the unlimited original storage, big reason I bought Pixel phones, I have began moving my library to Emby. I have been using Emby since MB2 and never really used it for pictures because I have never felt like the photo side of Emby was refined. The easiest was for me to keep things organized is to have folders based on years, still have many other years to add. A few of the things I would like to see for better a better photo experience are as follows.

• A better way to view the pictures, smart features to search for relevant pictures
  • when I click a picture I dont always want to start a slideshow
  • a way to rotate the picture to the correct orientation and keep it that way, I would prefer if it rotated automatically
  • search by Geo location, Googles map with geo locations is amazing
  • some basic photo editing; brightness, exposure, cropping, etc
  • home movies get a different coverart, assign a specific library to use a specific cover, horizontal videos get a coverart treatment
  • automatically upload options, I currently have my default folder set to upload to my 2020 folder, having some sort of option to change the year automatically in case someone forgets to change the upload location 
  • timeline feature
  • upload specific picture, when I click share a picture on my phone having the option to upload it via Emby

With all of that said I still love my Emby, we have been using it for years and its a fan favorite with the wife. She did not like some of the other options out there.

image.thumb.png.0654bd6426abf4b1b8d993455669e25e.png

Edited by LiquidFX

Hi there, yes we will be adding more features to photo libraries in future updates. thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1