emby 4.5.3.0 question about setup of the startpage

Gizzmo80

Gizzmo80

Hi,

I am using emby some time now on my Synology NAS and as Clients there are iPads, Android Smartphones and Shield TV with KODI.

Most things are working like expected, but now I started to check what can be setup more specific to me.

With that I tryed to setup the way how the startup page looks like. The following is what I want:

1. MyMedia

2. continue watching (movies)

3. latest media (movies)

4. Live TV

5. latest media (series)

So I tryed to setup the "Home screen section 1 to 5" like above, but I need to setup the next settings:

"Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching"

"Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching"

If not I get only MyMedia and LiveTV in the first sections. But the problem is, when I setup these too, the sections are doubled. Beginning correctly MyMedia, continue watching, latest media for movie but directly than latest media for series, but that should be Live TV. Than I get Live TV and after that again latest Media movies and again latest Media series.

Is this a known bug, anything I am doing wrong?

Edited by Gizzmo80

Hi, sounds like it is working just fine to me. If you uncheck those options to not show a library in secondary sections, then it won't be used in latest media, continue watching, etc.

Gizzmo80

Hi Luke,

thanks for your reply. Hmm I believe I was not able to describe it clear enough. Maybe screenshots will help...

First pictures of the settings I use at the moment and than you see the doubled widgets for newmedia...

25B134C3-D3B4-48A0-B571-7CCF37213086.png

792F8891-3F05-420D-86CD-1CB31C663060.png

6A29B19D-2CA4-4543-9FDC-EC86A554366D.png

BC1C59C6-1896-4CEF-9361-10E8B0ADDF83.png

DC9AD7D8-0C06-455F-BF2F-5910C2B6F96E.png

Gizzmo80

Got it, sorry.
My understanding was that first „latest media“ is for the first following setting, in my case Filme. The second „last media“ for the second following setting in my case Serien.

O.K. so if it will be setup that way, I have no chance to get series after Live TV. Right?

I have it in this order in KODI embuary skin and the main usage is for movies, secondly Live TV. This is the reason for my wish order :)

The latest section is for all libraries that you've allowed to appear in latest media, and it will list each library one at a time. So no, you currently can't inject something into the middle of it.