Emby 4.5.3 issues

byakuya32

byakuya32

Emby 4.5.3 is really slow and take over a minute to load a video it also seems to load an entry in convert for every single actor I have reverted to 4.5.2 because of this

horstepipe

@Luke maybe the server lifts some heavier tasks when upgrading from 4.5.2 to 4.5.3 and performing a library scan? The first hour after upgrading my server was very slow and showed quite high cpu usage, although the log kept quite empty. But I didn't took a deeper look...
However, now the server performance seems to be normal again.

Edited by horstepipe

byakuya32
55 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

@Luke maybe the server lifts some heavier tasks when upgrading from 4.5.2 to 4.5.3 and performing a library scan? The first hour after upgrading my server was very slow and showed quite high cpu usage, although the log kept quite empty. But I didn't took a deeper look...
However, now the server performance seems to be normal again.

I gave it 2 days and it was still really slow the library scan was not running. Reverting to the previous build fixed the issue. I have a ryzen 5 2600 and 40gb of ram and an m2000 for a gpu

byakuya32

I'd have to reinstall 4.5.3 to get a log but I'd be slowing it down to unusable speed for everyone.

Edited by byakuya32

crfloyd0932

I've seen the same behavior. Running Debian 10. 4.5.3 takes well over 45 seconds to a minute to play the next episode. behavior isn't present in 4.5.2. Doesn't matter if there is transcoding or not.  

5 minutes ago, crfloyd0932 said:

I've seen the same behavior. Running Debian 10. 4.5.3 takes well over 45 seconds to a minute to play the next episode. behavior isn't present in 4.5.2. Doesn't matter if there is transcoding or not.  

We'd have to look at an example. Please see how to report a problem:

Thanks.

crfloyd0932

Server and its database is on an SSD. plenty of ram and its a 12 core Xeon, also and transcoding is offloaded to the nvidia card. not sure what the bottleneck is at this point. 

horstepipe

@LukeI pm'ed you a log. I performed a library scan (after deleting some episodes) this morning around 9-10 am. Server is unresponsive and log is full of errors since that time.

Is v4.6.0.7 worth a try about that?

Edited by horstepipe

crfloyd0932

Any updates on this? The longer the server runs, the slower it gets. last night I timed a show from the time i hit start till the time it started playing it was 2:43 seconds. the logs don't really indicate what is going on. if you restart embyserver, it speeds up but still takes a long time to start a show. way longer than 4.5.2 ever did. 

Just now, crfloyd0932 said:

Any updates on this? The longer the server runs, the slower it gets. last night I timed a show from the time i hit start till the time it started playing it was 2:43 seconds. the logs don't really indicate what is going on. if you restart embyserver, it speeds up but still takes a long time to start a show. way longer than 4.5.2 ever did. 

Please try the new 4.5.4 release and see if that helps. Thanks.

byakuya32

4.5.4 solved it for me and it runs faster than it ever ran before. I can also leave it pause for a minute and it doesn't take a few seconds for the video to catch up to the audio. Thank you

plittlefield

Ah, that might help with an issue my friends have been experiencing with 4.5.3 on my server.

I'll wait until the dust settles on this point release and then install tomorrow morning 🙂