iphone 5 (A1428) Playback issues on remote control from Desktop Browser (new Edge)

Satiomeliom

Satiomeliom

I run my Emby Server on my Windows 10 Machine and stream it to my iphone 5, which is compatible with my Hifi System and can play it back directly. The iphone 5 stays on for the time i remotely control it from my Destkop.

Playback works flawlessly, but problems arise if the playback of one song is at its end and it queues the next song in the playback list.

When i do nothing and let it switch tracks on its own, it plays for like half a second and then instantly stops. This also is the case when i unplug the iphone from my hifi system.

This also happens when i just started up the webinterface and set playback to the iphone and try to start a song for the first time: It just starts for one second and instantly stops. The workaround for that case is to double click in the browser which is a bit annoying. 

For when i just let it switch on its own, there is no workaround except for just clicking the songs manually at the end of each song, wich is not acceptable.

Id be happy for any advice.

Hi there, what kind of songs are these? Please attach the emby server log from when this happened. Thanks.

Satiomeliom
On 12/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, what kind of songs are these? Please attach the emby server log from when this happened. Thanks.

The files were opus files in an .ogg container. But it is independent off the file format i think since this doesnt work with wav files either.

Here are the log files. The thing happened on 2020-12-09 23:08:34 .

embyserver (5).txt

Edited by Satiomeliom
Different Log

Satiomeliom

I noticed something else, while the iphone 5 itself is displaying the default playback list, the browser is NOT displaying anything( Image: Error_Emby_no_default_play) event though i clicked "Play all". While the iphone 5 wants to switch songs, its almost like its interrupted by signals from the browser for some reason.

Even if i add songs by drag and drop to the PlayQueue it doesnt show here.

EDIT: It doesnt show the remote playlist even when i play on android phones, but there the playqueue works, sooo that propably doesnt mean anything 😐

Error_Emby_no_default_playlist_on_browser.PNG

Edited by Satiomeliom

Hi, support for showing the play queue of a remote controlled device is not yet in Emby Server but will be coming with 4.6. You can still perform the operations such as queueing, controlling playback, etc, you just can't yet manipulate the play queue.