Camera Upload Keeps Repeating Upload

VirgilFox

VirgilFox

I'm running the Emby for Android app 3.1.64 on my OnePlus 7t. The Camera Upload feature never finishes uploading the photos and videos from the phone. It gets to a certain point (6550 MB remaining) and begins uploading. However, around 50% or so into the upload, the percentage drops back down, and the amount uploaded drops down as well and begins counting up again. It seems that a file is being uploaded but is failing (my best guess) so the upload repeats. There are about 350 picture and video files being uploaded - ranging in size from approximately 800KB to 1.5GB.

I've attached the server (4.5.3) logs. There are some errors at 7:05AM which appear to be one of the times the upload was repeated.

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by VirgilFox

Ok this is due to the server rejecting uploads over a certain size, so then the app is not currently aware of this so it keeps retrying over and over. We'll increase the limit, but also look at adding some options in the apps to allow you to skip these large ones if you don't' want to upload them. Thanks.

VirgilFox

The changes you mentioned would be great. With 4K video options on phones now, the file sizes are increasing.

IMO
As long as we user do not have the possibility to define the threshold file size shouldn't matter whether a file gets uploaded or not.

• 2 years later...

Hi, bringing this topic hopefully back to life as this is still an issue in 2023. I use the android client and the app refuses to upload my camera videos,it seems to be an issue over 600mB or so. It makes the feature unusable as I cannot be certain that my memories have been synced to the server. I regularly delete and use google photos for the actual viewing on the phone with the full size backups on my server. But this is unfortunatley not the case for my camera videos. Can we increase the file size limit to something crazy like 128GB or so just so we dont have to deal with this issue anymore? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 4:22 PM, gaaten said:

Hi, bringing this topic hopefully back to life as this is still an issue in 2023. I use the android client and the app refuses to upload my camera videos,it seems to be an issue over 600mB or so. It makes the feature unusable as I cannot be certain that my memories have been synced to the server. I regularly delete and use google photos for the actual viewing on the phone with the full size backups on my server. But this is unfortunatley not the case for my camera videos. Can we increase the file size limit to something crazy like 128GB or so just so we dont have to deal with this issue anymore? 

@gaaten it already is unlimited so this really should not be the issue. The problem is likely something else. Please attach the emby server log from when it tried to upload:

Thanks.