Web app becomes unresponsive when not on WAN

troyhough

troyhough
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Is it consistent?

It does it every single time.

• 1 month later...
troyhough

I noticed that when watching content using the web player, after a while if you try to seek around it will start to stutter and hiccup. After some time it seems to catch up and correct itself. This is with a solid internet connection. Wondering if the ongoing issue discussed in this thread carries over to playing back content as well or simply just browsing around within the app?

Is this fixed w/ server 4.6.x?

• 2 months later...
troyhough

This bug also still exists and has not gotten any better. Server version is 4.6.4.0 and Chrome Android Emby Web version 4.6.4.7.

Hi, This is the only post I've ever seen like this.  I'm wondering if you have done any diagnostic testing such as:
Connect to a different server not using your home's ISP?

Testing with a different phone/web to your server?

Basically anything to try to narrow down if it's a client or server side issue.

troyhough

I posted this video above. I have tried different browsers on my mobile device and all seem to behave the same way. I don't have a diff server/location to test it with. If you want to share yours with me via PM I can try that one and see if i can replicate.

How much free memory and storage do you have on your phone?

troyhough
7 hours ago, cayars said:

How much free memory and storage do you have on your phone?

If I close all other apps and start fresh with Emby web, it makes no difference. Is that what you mean by free memory? Storage says I have 11.20 GB free.

troyhough
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Yea, that's fine.  You seem to be ok on storage.

Do you want to set up a temp user on your server and I can connect to it to see if I can replicate?

I'm sending you via PM a test account to try.

I'm currently moving files around on my system so it's not super quick but should be fine for this test.

• 4 weeks later...
troyhough

@LukeI appreciate you working on this. I haven't been using the Web app any longer but just tested it per your request. It did screw up pretty quickly after browsing around on LTE but it did "catch up" eventually. I didn't time it, maybe took 20-30 seconds of spinning wheel before it started working again.

FWIW I've ran into this on the official app as well but it's much less often and seems to correct itself much quicker than the Web app.