Web app becomes unresponsive when not on WAN

troyhough

troyhough

@Luke

I have noticed for the last several weeks when I am out and about using the Web app on my Android phone that when using Emby things become unresponsive for no apparent reason. This has been happening constantly. For example this morning, I open Emby and browse to a release recording and it just becomes unresponsive, as if LTE has dropped (but it hasn't). If I swipe up and close Emby and re-open it, things instantly start working again. Sometimes if I wait things out, like 20 to 30 seconds it will reconnect and start working again.

I have not noticed this happening while on the LAN.

troyhough

I will let you know within the next couple days after using it.

I can confirm that the missing Center Channel audio bug is still there though!

troyhough
On 12/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, Luke said:

Hi, are you still seeing this?

Yes I am still seeing this. Also I have noticed a few times in the last week or so that the screen would shut off as if the phone was not being used (while playing something with the Web app). not sure if this is a related issue or not.

that the screen would shut off as if the phone was not being used 

There's nothing the web app can do about that, as this is handled by the browser.

troyhough
2 hours ago, Luke said:

There's nothing the web app can do about that, as this is handled by the browser.

Is there something wrong with the forums? I had to get on mobile to post this. When I click on quote or reply on my desktop (Chrome, Firefox, and Edge) it shows the reply box then quickly closes after a second not allowing a reply???

troyhough
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Is that a Chrome issue, Webview, or OS bug?

• 4 weeks later...
troyhough
On 12/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, troyhough said:

I will let you know within the next couple days after using it.

I can confirm that the missing Center Channel audio bug is still there though!

This is still happening. Makes using Emby very difficult/impossible to use at times. Have to wait, wait, wait, wait for it to become responsive or you have to close the app and start over.

• 3 weeks later...

The sound, or the original issue of this topic? If you're talking about the sound then please limit discussion to that other topic you've already created. thanks.

troyhough
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

The sound, or the original issue of this topic? If you're talking about the sound then please limit discussion to that other topic you've already created. thanks.

The original problem that I posted in post #1 is still present. This has not been solved. App becomes unresponsive and you have to either wait for it to reconnect or swipe close it and start it again to make a new connection. I haven't figured out a rhyme/reason that causes this.

• 3 weeks later...
troyhough
21 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you still running into this?

Yes I just tested it since you posted and after watching for a while and browsing around I am getting a spinning circle within the app and can't navigate around.

troyhough

Been checking it more lately and it's still doing the exact same thing. Becoming unresponsive after navigating around a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...
troyhough
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you still running into this?

Yes as of last night I have noticed not only on the Web App but also the Android App. Specifically if you go to the dashboard. It won't show the real info, even if you browse around to different stuff such as the guide, Movies folder, TV Shows folder, back to the dashboard it still won't update. If you close the Android app/Web app, it will then show the correct info in the Dashboard.

• 3 weeks later...
troyhough

This appears to be fixed. I will report back if it's not.

Emby Web 4.5.4.26

Chrome 89.0.4389.90

Edited by troyhough

troyhough
49 minutes ago, Luke said:

Didn't make any changes for this, but that's good to hear.

I spoke too soon, sorry. Still doing it :(

Yea there is some improvement we can make here. When the device tells us that the network connection has changed, we go through the process of detecting if the local or remote address should be used, and that can take time. So we can probably try and get a little smarter about when we do that and when we don't.

troyhough
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea there is some improvement we can make here. When the device tells us that the network connection has changed, we go through the process of detecting if the local or remote address should be used, and that can take time. So we can probably try and get a little smarter about when we do that and when we don't.

It can take 30-60 seconds to start working. I don't remember having this problem prior to the last few months.

PS: It happens sometimes when starting a new session. Open the web app when out and about then after a few swipes moving around within the app it does the lock up. Sucks.

Edited by troyhough

• 2 weeks later...
troyhough

This is happening constantly. Here is a short video showing exactly what I am talking about. Watch how the web app becomes unresponsive after only about 40 seconds :(

I can replicate this over and over and over.