Emby for Android TV crash

CeeBee

Hi all,

I'm installing both apps from Google Play store.

My "Emby for Android TV" does not start up . I can signin fine with pin on emby.media/pin . It logs in n I can see my username thee .. but that's it ... the circle keeps spinning to load the content but displays nothing .. eventually the app crashes. 

If I try to use "Emby for Android"  it works fine . But the problem is it does not work well with a remote controller D-Pad .. needs a mouse which is troublesome..

Please help.

Hi, emby for Android works with a remote controlled dpad. You may need to check the app display settings and set the display mode to tv.

@ebr will look at your Android TV crash. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, emby for Android works with a remote controlled dpad. You may need to check the app display settings and set the display mode to tv.

@ebr will look at your Android TV crash. Thanks.

Holy crap ... why did'nt I look at that !!! this is SO MUCH better... thanks.

now all I'm missing is 

Fast Channel Changing

In-video controls make for fast and easy channel changing.

27 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Are you on a device that does not have a true Android TV home screen?

I have an android box .. not certified so I'm guessing the answer to your question is Yes

22 minutes ago, CeeBee said:

I have an android box .. not certified so I'm guessing the answer to your question is Yes

Can you tell me exactly when you attempted to open the Android TV app, or try it again and tell me what time you did that?  I'd like to finally track down exactly where this is falling down. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can you tell me exactly when you attempted to open the Android TV app, or try it again and tell me what time you did that?  I'd like to finally track down exactly where this is falling down. Thanks.

21:51 Indian Standard Time