TV Series stored in multiple locations, duplicate entries in MB

steelman1991
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

steelman1991

Not quite sure where to place this, so we'll start here

Basically I and others from the old community had an issue where TV Series files placed in different drive locations produced multiple viewing entries in MB. Its status was changed to a 'request' but was never implemented. I have pasted link to the topic

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/1993/tv-series-stored-in-multiple-locations-duplicate-entries-in-mb-s-tv-panel

Is this likely to receive any attention or will MBT be able to display 1 entry from multiple locations?

steelman1991

That's a pity - its the only one of the major players that can't do it. Not a deal breaker but definitely a feature worth having.

swhitmore

You could use FlexRAID in storage pooling mode to pool the drives into one volume. This would solve your issue.

• Like 1

steelman1991

You read my mind mate - been doing some reading on that very issue :D . Is this something that you use?

Would I then require 2 'pools' one for Movies and one for TV Series (which I would then identify to MB as my collections, rather than the individual drives that currently make up my collections)

Edited by steelman1991

aspdend

Yes - that's what I do (although I use UnRAID) - I have a movies, movies HD, TV Archive, TV Current, Music, Music videos etc 'virtual folders' that span across multiple drives in my server then you just point MBS to the relevant collection...makes life much easier

A lot of us use either FlexRaid or unRaid for storage pooling.  It is fairly transparent and easy to use.

If you already have data on Windows drives, you'll want to look at FlexRaid instead of unRaid.

swhitmore

You would only need one pool, with collection folders like you have now. Your folder structure would remain the same, but your drives would combine into one volume.You would still has access to the separate drives as normal too. You would then point MB to the collection folders in the storage pool volume.

There hasn't been any demand for it until now so unless that changes we can't really justify spending the time on it.

• 3 years later...