Emby for Android will not mark "watched" / Neither Theater for Chrome nor Android will do "Continue Watching"

Shibboleth
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Shibboleth

Description: Since I updated to MB Server 4.5.3.0, I'm having three seemingly related problems.

1. On Emby for Android, the "mark as played" button does not work. It doesn't turn red, and if I click it and then restart the app, or visit it on another device, the item is not marked as played. That button does work on Emby Theater for Chrome, though. It works on both user profiles I have (admin and regular user) on Chrome, but works on neither in Emby for Android.
  2. Likewise, the Trakt for Emby plugin does not appear to be syncing play states back to the server. It sends them perfectly fine, but it isn't overwriting them locally at all between users (I currently have two user profiles syncing via Trakt so that anything watched on one is synced to Trakt and then back to the other, so that they keep the same things marked as "played"). I assume this is connected to problem #1.
  3. Relatedly, the "resume playback" function does not work on either Emby for Android or Emby Theater for Chrome. I've tried this most on Christopher Nolan's new film, "Tenet," but it doesn't happen on any of the movies or TV shows that I've tried it on.  I'll play the movie, seek to 45 or 50 minutes in of a ~2 hr movie, and then watch for 5 minutes, before backing out of the film to the info screen. When I do this, the film will not have a "resume playback" button. It looks as though I never even touched the file. Again, this problem is on BOTH Chrome and Android Theater apps.

Error Messages: I see no error messages when trying to do any of these things. But there is an error in the logs (see below). I believe it happens during direct playback as well, so I haven't included any transcoding log files.

Excerpt to maybe point you in the right direction (lol):

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\jedue\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19041
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/jedue/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: C:\Users\jedue\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\jedue\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteUserDataRepository.SaveUserData(Int64 internalUserId, Int64 itemId, UserItemData userData, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserDataManager.SaveUserData(User user, BaseItem item, UserItemData userData, UserDataSaveReason reason, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.OnPlaybackProgress(User user, BaseItem item, PlaybackProgressInfo info, SessionInfo sessionInfo)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.OnPlaybackProgress(PlaybackProgressInfo info, Boolean isAutomated)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCLEx.sqlite3, Int32)

I've also provided the full logs, though, cuz I know that's what's actually helpful.

Android Log submission info: 

• What was happening at the time: see above. Trying to mark something as played, and then trying to trigger the "resume playback" feature.
  • Time I sent the log: ~10:30 A.M. EDT
  • Emby User: "Uncle Iroh's Tea Shop"

Other pertinent details: 

• Yes, I tried restarting the server.
  • Yes, I tried various user profiles and files.
  • Yes, I tried an incognito window and clearing the cache.
  • No, I have not tried downgrading the server version. I feel like that's exactly what's up. The upgrade, lol.

Anything else needed, I'm happy to help!

Thank you for any help/guidance you can provide!!

Best,
Shibb

embyserver.txt

Shibboleth

Hi, yes that did work! I'd restarted the server, but not the whole computer...

Thank you! Such an easy fix.

Best,

Shibb

Thanks for the feedback. If it comes up again i would restart the machine. When you see those database locked errors in the server log it's almost always due to you having managed to run multiple instances of the server at the same time.