Upgrade to 4.5.3 causes conversion queue to massively increase

deecemobile
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

deecemobile
2 minutes ago, Lenders57 said:

Stay on the 4.5.2 for now, it's working fine 🙂

Nobody else has the same issue ?

So I must have buggered up how I install 4.5.2 because everything fell apart after that which led me to start from scratch. What is the best way to downgrade? Shut down emby. Run 4.5.2 exe? Or do I replace all the files in the AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system??

Thanks

We technically don't support downgrading as the database and config file could be changed.

But if you backup you data and config folders you can often times replace the system folder with the backup or could just install the older version over top.

Again, keep in mind this isn't a "supported" thing but often times can be done.  It really depends on what changes between versions.

deecemobile
Just now, cayars said:

We technically don't support downgrading as the database and config file could be changed.

But if you backup you data and config folders you can often times replace the system folder with the backup or could just install the older version over top.

Again, keep in mind this isn't a "supported" thing but often times can be done.  It really depends on what changes between versions.

Ok I will wait for a fix then. I can live without the optimized files for now. My only hope is that Emby can re-link back to these files so as to not have to convert the whole library again.

Lenders57
12 minutes ago, deecemobile said:

So I must have buggered up how I install 4.5.2 because everything fell apart after that which led me to start from scratch. What is the best way to downgrade? Shut down emby. Run 4.5.2 exe? Or do I replace all the files in the AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system??

Thanks

On debian, with dpkg, we have nothing to do, just run "dpkg -i" with the previous .deb version and the job is done. On windows I don't know, maybe remove all and do a fresh install ?

13 minutes ago, cayars said:

Ok, good to know 🙂

This issue is also in the 4.6.0.6 beta ?

Lenders57
12 hours ago, Luke said:

We're looking into it. The easiest workaround for now is just to avoid creating a job at the top level of the library.

Ok it works.

But if I can suggest you something :

• Add an option "select all" in libraries to select all items (because pick item one by one can be very long)
  • Same thing in the "downloads" tab, add multiple select to remove some item (and an option "select all" too)

Emby stay a very good software anyway 🙂

Lenders57

Ok I discover another problem. When I try to shuffle my music library, after one or 2 songs (from 451), the player stop. I displayed the queue and I saw the same mistake than the download tab... In the music, there are also singer and thing which should not be here.

I definitely rolleback to 4.5.2 even if your changes are really cool.

You can reproduce easily @Luke @cayars. If you prefer, I can open a new thread too 🙂

• Solution

For those needing immediate relief, I believe this is already resolved in the 4.6.0.6 beta channel. I apologize for the issue. I can see there is one more change I missed when backporting the updates from 4.6 to 4.5, and that's what caused this. Just be aware that if you do go up to the 4.6 beta. you cannot roll back to 4.5 later due to database changes. You will have to wait for 4.6 stable to be released in the next month or two.

We'll have a 4.5.4 update out in the coming days to correct this. Workaround in the meantime is to not create a conversion job on a top level folder, or use the 4.6 beta.

• Like 2

Lenders57
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

For those needing immediate relief, I believe this is already resolved in the 4.6.0.6 beta channel. I apologize for the issue. I can see there is one more change I missed when backporting the updates from 4.6 to 4.5, and that's what caused this. Just be aware that if you do go up to the 4.6 beta. you cannot roll back to 4.5 later due to database changes. You will have to wait for 4.6 stable to be released in the next month or two.

We'll have a 4.5.4 update out in the coming days to correct this. Workaround in the meantime is to not create a conversion job on a top level folder, or use the 4.6 beta.

Where are the unit tests ?! No I'm kidding. I'm very glad to hear you; I'm will waiting for the next stable version :-). Thank you for the feedback

Q-Droid

Is there a description of what is actually happening? I won't be updating to 4.5.3 because I do rely on library level conversions. But I do want to know what the bug is because I had to stop using automatic convert-to-copy some time ago. My remaining auto job is convert-to-replace. 

30 minutes ago, Lenders57 said:

Where are the unit tests ?! No I'm kidding. I'm very glad to hear you; I'm will waiting for the next stable version :-). Thank you for the feedback

No way possible to test every possible feature combination of Emby.  Even running for a month as a beta with thousands of users won't find something like this UNLESS a person happens to do the same exact thing as you.

If you have a computer not running Emby Server already, you would be great to have on the beta team to help us test things like this. :)

Lenders57
28 minutes ago, cayars said:

No way possible to test every possible feature combination of Emby.  Even running for a month as a beta with thousands of users won't find something like this UNLESS a person happens to do the same exact thing as you.

If you have a computer not running Emby Server already, you would be great to have on the beta team to help us test things like this. :)

I'm also developer, and I know that unit test and TDD is the most part of time in the dreams ! Maybe I can use a docker I will see, but it would be a pleasure.

Yes, it's strange because it's a main feature the suffle or download. But with beta we don't add every libraries so we can miss something...

Q-Droid
2 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

Is there a description of what is actually happening? I won't be updating to 4.5.3 because I do rely on library level conversions. But I do want to know what the bug is because I had to stop using automatic convert-to-copy some time ago. My remaining auto job is convert-to-replace. 

Hello? Anyone? 

5 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Hello? Anyone? 

Hi, you just raised the question two hours ago. You will get a response. There is no need to do this.

Q-Droid
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, you just raised the question two hours ago. You will get a response. There is no need to do this.

Got it, my bad...

8 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

It's a defect in the database query causing too many results to come back and get queued up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lenders57
11 hours ago, Luke said:

It's a defect in the database query causing too many results to come back and get queued up.

I'm just trying the 4.6.0.7-bêta and everything seems to be good 🙂

So, i will waiting for the last stable version. Can I have any trouble to jump from 4.52 to 4.6.x.x ?

Edited by Lenders57

1 hour ago, Lenders57 said:

I'm just trying the 4.6.0.7-bêta and everything seems to be good 🙂

So, i will waiting for the last stable version. Can I have any trouble to jump from 4.52 to 4.6.x.x ?

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep an eye on the testing area for reported issues.

Lenders57
On 12/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep an eye on the testing area for reported issues.

Many thanks for release the 4.5.4.0 :). Everything is good now, 

@deecemobile you can upgrade 🙂

• Like 1

deecemobile
On 12/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

@Luke Thanks. I can confirm the conversion jobs are working as expected for top level folder/Library. Do you know if Emby will link each movie with the previously downloaded/converted versions that sits on another drive if I create the sync job exactly as it was before and point to the directory with all the optimized files?

• Like 1