Rename ‘Next Up’ for tvOS to ‘Up Next’

bradendelarue

bradendelarue

Hi all,

Just a request/suggestion for consideration that it may be worth renaming ‘Next Up’ to ‘Up Next’ in the section title on the tvOS homescreen - this would match in better with other apps on the platform.

Cheers!

vdatanet

"Next Up" is the title that I usually see. Where have you seen "Up Next"? This is the web app example:

1762647973_Capturadepantalla2020-12-05101858.jpg.ba847cff04af6c0ae8aa5b065ffa2489.jpg

"Up Next" is usually shown on the video player when playing multiple episodes or a playlist. The "Up Next" counts down before the next episode/item starts allowing you to immediately "Play Next" as the credits show.

Next Up = row on the homescreen showing you what is next up in each series
Up Next = UI display on the video player showing you what is next and allowing you to immediately play it

bradendelarue

I was looking at more for consistency on tvOS, a lot of non Emby apps use the phrase ‘Up Next’ such as all the Australian catch up tv apps and Apple TV+

That said, I can see how it would break consistency within Emby itself across different platforms, so best for me to put my OCD back on the shelf for this I think.

• Like 1