Irish and Northern Irish Channels emby guide

Nonerobert123

Nonerobert123

Hi I am wondering if you could help please? I have a hdhomerun using emby guide data (UK extended Eire). As the countries are quite small we share channels. Eire/Ireland channels all mapped great but actually some of the UK ones have not and the option for the missing channels appear to be missing in mapping such as itv 2, citv, itv2+1 etc. Any idea how I can fix this without signing up to additional services?

I could try adding another emby guide but world I would have duplicates (as you can't unmapped channels it seems).

Cheers for any help you can give

You may need to add a couple of different guide source to get all your channels.  I have to do this myself.
You can't UNMAP channels but you can CHANGE them so if you get one wrong, know it can be changed.

Take your time mapping the missing channels and you should be fine using multiple guides.

If you hit a snag let us know and we can try and help you.

Nonerobert123

Thank you.  May I ask one question please. So ok happy to add the 2 guides but as both guides have overlapping channels but are missing info, how do I stop them conflicting?

In other words guide 1 shows itv2 but cannot map to this channel and so  is set to a totally different channel by default. E.g. rte 2

Guide 2 has itv2 and can map to itv2 correctly. Will the guide know to display the right info for itv2?

Edited by Nonerobert123

If they are from the same area it shouldn't really matter which guide it gets the info from as it should be the same correct?

Nonerobert123

Well thats the problem.  They should be the same but of the channels don't exist in both guides for some reason. So all the channel 5 channels such as channel 5, 5 usa, 5 star etc should really exist in either guide. However they don't, hence the need to add 2 guides i think.  Guide 1 will display those channels as per the tuner but have no option to map the correct channel. It maps it as something else entirely and the correct channel does not exist in that guide. If I add a second guide I can map correctly but seems to conflict. It is almost like I need one combined guide list with both in it. E.g. freeview Northern Ireland and eire cable combined.

Hope that makes sense

What may happen is the 2nd guide added takes over for some channel and might auto remap them (kind of nasty) and could do so wrongly.

What I would do is see what combination of local guides you need.  Add them all, then manually map channels that are wrong to fix them.

BTW, this mapping is so much nicer in the current rewrite going on for Live TV.  A lot of time was spent fine tuning this part of channel setup and it will be a very welcome addition when it's released.  But for now it's a bit of a pain but can be done.  The trick I think is to get all the guides you need loaded before you start manually mapping things.

Nonerobert123

Thank you so much for the help. Yeah did it earlier to add the relevant guides and mapped accordingly but you're right, the other guide did sorta take over some and muddled them all up. Got some interesting recordings of channels! Think what I have is the best I can do for now until the re-write goes live, so hopefully won't be too long. Thank you again

• Like 1