Which Streaming Device

GiGo

I've been thinking for a while that I could do with a new device for the lounge TV.

My SmartTV was brought in 2015 and the only decent apps built in are Netflix, Amazon and Youtube, unfortunatly it doesn't come with NowTV and other more recent popular apps.  My father in-law keeps telling me to use his NowTV account as there is loads of content on there, my wife seems keen to try it. But I installed the NowTV app on H96Max Android box and it doesn't work! Apprently they don't like rooted devices etc... So it got me questioning should I get a new Streaming box?

So what is better for streaming?

NowTV Stick, Roku or the new Chromecast with Google TV (I really do like the look of this thing) or am I better off just keeping my android box and not bothering with NowTV or find a way that NowTV will work.  We tend to only use Emby on the box along side All4 (as my TV doesn't even have that!) so is a NowTV stick better than a Roku, or is the new Google box better (will it work with NowTV?)

What are other people using?

CBers

For the price, the new Chromecast with Google TV.

Lots of videos on YouTube you can watch to get a feel for any of the boxes you mention.

pwhodges

I'm happy with my Roku Streaming Stick+  Personally I've always found Chromecasting a confusing way to do things, but maybe that's just me...

Paul

• Like 1

CBers
6 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I'm happy with my Roku Streaming Stick+  Personally I've always found Chromecasting a confusing way to do things, but maybe that's just me...

The new Chromecast with Google TV is a totally different device to previous versions.

It is now a complete device, where you can load apps etc., much like the Shield/Mi Box etc.

• Like 1