Nvidia Shield Server not finding my media, but Plex does?

prestonplex

prestonplex

Just signed up to Emby Premiere and not having much luck with it.  I have a Windows 10 PC acting as my NAS with all my stored media on.  My Nividia Shield acts as a server to do the leg work.

I've been a long time Plex user and it finds my media no problem.  But despite setting the same folder structure as Plex and reading the Emby guides...Emby is not displaying my media after it has scanned.

I've attached a log file.  

Please help! 

embyserver.txt

Edited by prestonplex

Hi.  Exactly how did you setup your libraries, how is your media structured and what are you seeing in the interface?

Thanks.

@cayars

Following along.

Also if you have your media on the PC is there any reason why you choose to run the Emby Server on the Shield instead of the PC?  If you can run Emby Server on the PC itself all the media would be local to the Server which has advantages.

prestonplex
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly how did you setup your libraries, how is your media structured and what are you seeing in the interface?

Thanks.

@cayars

/storage/GPDPBOX/Plex/PlexMedia/Plex Complete/Movies   then it's /"Movie Name Folder"/Video File

Screenshots attached.  I'm seeing absolutely zero Media after it's been scanned.  

image1.PNG

Image2.PNG

prestonplex
15 minutes ago, cayars said:

Following along.

Also if you have your media on the PC is there any reason why you choose to run the Emby Server on the Shield instead of the PC?  If you can run Emby Server on the PC itself all the media would be local to the Server which has advantages.

Yes and not something I am willing to change and it isn't required to do so, never have an issue with Plex.  The Windows 10 PC is a low powered under 30w, less than £50 [excluding HDDs] purpose built DIY NAS.  It is within a large ATX case to quick insert HDDs for a storage capacity upgrade path.  As explained in the opening post, it does not have the grunt to do the leg work, hence the Nvidia shield [which I already had].  The Nvidia shield does all work, such as transcoding when required and play media to several clients at the same time. 

Edited by prestonplex

Have you mounted these in the Shield TV Storage setup section?

And if so, is the name GPDPBOX?

prestonplex
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you mounted these in the Shield TV Storage setup section?

And if so, is the name GPDPBOX?

Yes I have.  The Windows 10 PC is called GPDPBOX.  The reason Emby can see it, because the Nvidia Shield has the Windows 10 PC mounted.  

Edited by prestonplex

Were you able to actually browse to that location when adding it in library setup?

Can we please see the actual folders and files under that share?

prestonplex

Yes, I didn't type anything in.  Just like setting up libraries in Plex, it's exactly the same process.  Browse to the folder where your media is stored at, select ok.  Then Plex scans it and adds to the front end of the GUI.  What I also expected from Emby. 

Screenshots attached of how I got to that folder.  

My movies are in MKV or MP4 format.  image3.thumb.PNG.1f76b8773402e38351a8c412786165a6.PNG1854134683_Image4.thumb.PNG.4f395ebf293dddf1ff3111572c33c46c.PNG

I'm seeing entries in your log file such as

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/storage/GPDPBOX/Plex/PlexMedia/Plex Complete/TV/Surviving R.Kelly' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

This looks like a permission problem.

prestonplex
9 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm seeing entries in your log file such as

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/storage/GPDPBOX/Plex/PlexMedia/Plex Complete/TV/Surviving R.Kelly' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

This looks like a permission problem.

I don't understand why?  The whole server is shared across the network.  See attached my share permissions.  Nvidia shield can access, Plex can access it..... but why can't Emby? 

image_2020-12-04_175846.png

Just a hunch but could you try something for me?

In your path you have "Plex Complete".  Could you remove the space?  Basically no space in the folder names?

prestonplex
14 minutes ago, cayars said:

Just a hunch but could you try something for me?

In your path you have "Plex Complete".  Could you remove the space?  Basically no space in the folder names?

Yeah just done that and broke my Plex system.  Now having to re-scan Plex...sigh

Sorry should have mentioned to shutdown plex first. :(

It will scan back so it shouldn't cause a long term issue.

Did this make a difference in Emby?  Can you post a new log as well?