Custom version indicator (dubbed, subtitles etc.)

cochize1

cochize1

Is there a way to make a custom indicator or ONLY selected movies or series that would appear on the main posters displaying that versions available for this movie in sub-menu.

For some movies, mainly animations I have 2 versions of the same movie that you can choose but not for all of course. So I would like users to see right by looking at the poster that this position is available also with dubbing i.e.

The only other option I see is photoshoping the posters themselves.

image.thumb.png.a172dd8b3a2eaef43e54fce7b54841de.png

I don't think this is currently possible, but I've requested a feature for the Cover Art plugin that I think would enable you to configure it to do what you want once it was implemented.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2020 at 5:52 AM, cochize1 said:

Is there a way to make a custom indicator or ONLY selected movies or series that would appear on the main posters displaying that versions available for this movie in sub-menu.

For some movies, mainly animations I have 2 versions of the same movie that you can choose but not for all of course. So I would like users to see right by looking at the poster that this position is available also with dubbing i.e.

The only other option I see is photoshoping the posters themselves.

image.thumb.png.a172dd8b3a2eaef43e54fce7b54841de.png

I think I've been working on something that will deliver this feature for you. It's not going to be available for a while yet, but I'm using it on my server to show me movies with Commentaries and Isolated Scores (and it does look at the details for each version for multi-version movies):

Edited by roaku

• 2 weeks later...

@cochize1

A beta is up for the custom indicator plugin I mentioned:

Try it out if you'd like, and let me know if you need help setting up a rule to match your needs.

cochize1

Thanks @roaku, I'll give it a shot as soon as my users will go to bed so I can restart the server.

As I understand correctly this is a separate plugin I can use without the cover art plugin.

And second question, I have my server on NAS Synology, it should work just fine the same way, right?

Yes, Iconic is separate from CoverArt, but is compatible with it if you want to use both.

And my main server is also a Synology, so hopefully, I solved any issues there before you'll see them. :)

• Like 1