naming convention tv series series id in name

3n8
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

I had a look at the naming convention guide and while it explains the use of tvdbid, imdb and tmdbid  in movies there is no such info in the tv show section. And my atempts at searcing this forums have only supplied me with options but not the answer i'm looking for.

If i were to use the same tags in tv folder names, Would emby pick it up?
example: TVSHOW (YEAR)  [tvdbid=1234]

Or since the tvdb is a pain in the ass, Could i avoid renaming all my series folders and rather put the id tag in the the season folder or in the name of the of every episode?

examples:
TVSHOW (YEAR)/season 1  [tvdbid=1234}

TVSHOW (YEAR)/season 1/TVSHOW.S01E01 [tvdbid=1234}.BLUERAY-1080p.x264.AAC.mkv

Ty

Edited by 3n8

Happy2Play

I can see how this would apply to a series but not Season or Episode.  @Luke would there be any relevance at those levels?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I can see how this would apply to a series but not Season or Episode.  @Luke would there be any relevance at those levels?

No, not really.

Can i take from this that putting  [tvdbid=1234} in the series folder name will work then?
And that this naming scheme will work? TVSHOW (YEAR)  [tvdbid=1234]

I'm sorry about the nagging but if i want year in the title, the renaming will take me hours and i don't want to do it several times 😅

Edited by 3n8

• Solution
Happy2Play

Yes as the query will by by providerid not by name, so TVDBid, TMDBid or IMDBid.

• Like 1

niallobr

Hi guys,

Quick question related to this. I have a bunch of shows that won't match correctly but my library structure seems good. One example below.

Amber (2014)/Season 1/Amber - S01E01 - WEBDL-720p.mp4

https://thetvdb.com/series/amber

When added this gets automatically matched to

Ameer and Journey of Mythology

https://thetvdb.com/series/ameer-and-journey-of-mythology

When I click 'identify' on the show all I need to do is insert the title 'Amber' and the first match in the results is correct. I can't even see that other show listed. Any idea why it's automatically matching to that one instead? I don't use .nfo's or anything, just file and folder naming.

It finds the correct match automatically if I change the structure to

Amber (2014) [tvdbid=265674]/Season 1/Amber - S01E01 - WEBDL-720p.mp4

I can easily rename them all to include the tvdbid but would like the tidier naming convention if possible. I thought they would be matched correctly using the 'Title (year)' format.

Edited by niallobr

Yes your example with tvdbid will fix all your issues.

Altough I don't know what the future holds for emby and thetvdb

Edited by 3n8

rbjtech

Personally I would hold off on anything to do with thetvdb.com at the moment - it's moving to a subscription model and it may need a paid subscription to use.    There are many alternative free providers out there - so personally I will not be paying to use it's content if and when the time comes ...

• Like 1

niallobr

Thanks all, didn't know thetvdb.com was doing that. I know they get massive traffic but hope they've fixed their API issues before charging people, were some big issues last time I checked it out. You'd think ad revenue would be good enough.

I think I'll stick to the original method or look for other options, it seems to only be a handful of shows not getting matched properly.