Sharing My Live TV Channel

Methodman104
Go to solution Solved by Methodman104,

Methodman104

Hello, the last few days I habve been setting up my emby server and was able to find some information to some of my questions. I know that I can share my live tv channel with other members, but I was wondering if they would be able to view my live tv on their emby account free? I already have emby premiere and I am trying to make it so my family and friends would not need to spend money to view what I share with them (such as my live tv channel).

Thanks.

If you have premiere on the server you will be able to use live tv to others that connect to your server. Just be careful who you share with and secure your server.

Methodman104

I cant seem to share the "live tv channel on my other users account....I says it's allowed to view livetv but that other viewer does not see my livetv channel, it is missing, but the channel shows up on my server. In the 3rd photo it says live tv is shared.

The only thing I can think of was I deleted an M3U file and xmltv file, then readded them. Since then the other user does not see the channel or channels anymore. How can I fix this? Because it showed up earlier on the other users account and on their phone.

2.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

Check your admin account to make sure you can see it. If you can then I would check parental control options of the other account to make sure it's not getting hidden.

• Solution
Methodman104

I found out what the issue was, when adding thew new channel I forgot to tag it with "share" because the content I am trying to share all has that tags. I guess that is also needed it in the metadata for the LiveTV channels as well. So it works now on the other account.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:44 PM, Methodman104 said:

I found out what the issue was, when adding thew new channel I forgot to tag it with "share" because the content I am trying to share all has that tags. I guess that is also needed it in the metadata for the LiveTV channels as well. So it works now on the other account.

Thanks for the feedback !

• Like 1