New Plugin: Smart Playlists

saladin

saladin

I have made a playlist. and have left it as random, but the playlist is displaying everything in order (i.e. s1e1, s1e2).

Is this correct?

No -> fixed in 1.3.0.0.

@@ebr @@saladin

Not sure if I should post this here or in the Android test group for Android TV 1.7.87 beta

Looks like we have a problem with Android TV now. As all playlists by this plugin are created as music playlists, the Android TV app will play these as music also when it's a video from that playlist...

From 1.3.0.0 MediaType for new playlists will be set based on initial content. If you already have playlist with wrong MediaType, just delete them(but do not delete smartplaylist) and new playlist will be recreated.

Is there a way to get the plugin to show what it's doing? Currently, after an update of one of the lists, it's doing stuff in the background, but I have no idea what, nor do I know how far it's along with whatever it's doing...

I dont think this is necessary -> plugin dont do any long running tasks to track but very short repeated mostly on library change in few minutes intervals. Nevertheless I plan to add diagnostics logs.

I just tried the plugin and I have several questions about how it works:

- When sorted by "Most played" what does it base it on? On all the times the media has been launched by all the users? And where to find this information ?

- Each playlist is customized to the user who will watch it ?

Sort by "Most played" means -> sort by most played items played by user(not other users) who created smartplaylist. The same rule go to other user specific data.

Took a look at the database. Most of these values are in the MediaItems table. Seems like CommunityRating is named as expected. ParentalRating is called OfficialRating. Country is ProductionLocations - but for some reason it only captures the last country in the nfo file. ReleaseDate appears to be PremiereDate in seconds from 1/1/1970 12 AM GMT. Runtime is RunTimeTicks, represented in tenths of microseconds oddly (a 105 minute movie is listed as 63134609408 in RunTimeTicks). Resolution is stored as Width and Height. Studio is under Studios. Audio Language is in a different table (MediaStreams2) as Language.

I'm sure the developer either knows all this or could figure it out easily but was curious so thought I'd take a look to see what's possible. Disappointing that the database only stores one country, apparently, but at least it has that option.

Thanks for research -> I already implemented most of them in 1.3.0.0.

Edited by saladin
  • Like 1

No -> fixed in 1.3.0.0.

From 1.3.0.0 MediaType for new playlists will be set based on initial content. If you already have playlist with wrong MediaType, just delete them(but do not delete smartplaylist) and new playlist will be recreated.

I dont think this is necessary -> plugin dont do any long running tasks to track but very short repeated mostly on library change in few minutes intervals. Nevertheless I plan to add diagnostics logs.

Sort by "Most played" means -> sort by most played items played by user(not other users) who created smartplaylist. The same rule go to other user specific data.

Great work! Thanks a lot. Can we get the version for Stable Emby Release? 

Edited by dual-o

Dibbes

Nice Work! Did you put an indicator in where you can see what type it is?

Oh, and would you mind doing something about this:

5e59b34120eb9_Untitled2.png

samrtplaylist really offends my OCD...  :P

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

No -> fixed in 1.3.0.0.

Nice, thanks!

If possible in the next version to also implement Country, Width, Height, Studio, Audio Language as filters that would be awesome. Or Resolution, as in SD: w<=720 & h<=576, 720p: 720<w<=1280 or 576<h<=720, HD: 1280<w<=1920 or 720<h<=1080, 4K: 1920<w<=3840 or 1080<h<=2160.

Also would be great to have Year as a sort option as sometimes Year doesn't equal year from ReleaseDate.

Dibbes

the initial task when a list is created or updated, takes a long time and a lot of resources (depending on the criteria). I would really be nice to see what it's doing then...

daPyr0x

So I feel really stupid asking this, but where do I go to create and use the smartplaylists?  I've confirmed that Emby has loaded the plugin as it shows up in the log, but there's no SmartPlaylists showing in "Plugins" and I can't find anywhere in the regular Playlists section to create a smart playlist.  What have I missed?

Brand new install, Emby 4.3.1.0 installed via Docker on OMV with the latest version of the plugin installed in the plugins directory.

saladin

So I feel really stupid asking this, but where do I go to create and use the smartplaylists?  I've confirmed that Emby has loaded the plugin as it shows up in the log, but there's no SmartPlaylists showing in "Plugins" and I can't find anywhere in the regular Playlists section to create a smart playlist.  What have I missed?

Brand new install, Emby 4.3.1.0 installed via Docker on OMV with the latest version of the plugin installed in the plugins directory.

SmartPlaylist should be visible in Advanced section or Plugins page. Did you install v0.9.1.0? -> this version is dedicated for stable(4.3.1.0) emby server version. 

daPyr0x

Yup, you called it.  That's what I did wrong.  Once I put 0.9.1.0 in the plugin worked.  Beautiful!

One suggestion - I'd like to be able to reference other playlists.  I used this method in MediaMonkey to build a weighted random playlist.  Have separate playlists to return a limited quantity of random episodes/tracks/movies at a specific rating, and then one master playlist that merges a random selection of the rating playlists.  Is something like this possible in your plugin?

Dibbes

Just noticed that when create a list with the filter "Played" is "False", that this is the watched status for the account that created the list. If another account runs that list, it shows watched items anyway...

pünktchen

Just noticed that when create a list with the filter "Played" is "False", that this is the watched status for the account that created the list. If another account runs that list, it shows watched items anyway...

Yes, that's why i already suggested to give us an option to choose the user account that is used for the "Played" rules and sort options.

Dibbes

forgive my ignorance, but isn't it easier to load the full list then compare it to the statuses of the user that's requesting the list once loaded and only display (not remove) the items that are marked as un-watched?

pünktchen

forgive my ignorance, but isn't it easier to load the full list then compare it to the statuses of the user that's requesting the list once loaded and only display (not remove) the items that are marked as un-watched?

I'm astonished that a user with such a big database that you have is suggesting to load the full list first [emoji54] Anyway the plugin doesn't know which user is looking at the playlist, so your approach will not work.

Dibbes

It's loaded in any case, no matter what... I just want to compare the list after its loaded and not during loading to a different user than who is requesting it

PenkethBoy

Question - if you delete a playlist from the plugin config screen - should it delete the playlist from Emby?

Currently it does not - should it?

Or could the plugin ask if you want to delete the Playlist as well?

dual-o

Question - if you delete a playlist from the plugin config screen - should it delete the playlist from Emby?

Currently it does not - should it?

Or could the plugin ask if you want to delete the Playlist as well?

I deleted it manual. Works without problems. You need this if you rename the SmartPlaylist in the plugin too.

Dibbes

If the podcast plugin is installed and configured, the following query will also include podcasts... not sure if that is the intention, at least, it did surprise me:

5e5d2c15bad60_Untitled3.png

Dibbes

well podcasts are audio files normally

Agreed, but since most aren't downloaded, it does some strange things with duration...

5e5d3f48eeb27_Untitled3.png

Edited by Dibbes

Dibbes

I download all my podcasts using gpodder. Point emby at the library. Works well

Yes, I used that in the past, a very long time ago... haven't used it since 2010 or something though... Might want to look at it again.

is it then imported as an audio library? because then I need to figure out a way to get the plugin to not add it to the lists... 

PenkethBoy

i do my podcasts as audiobooks

but its still going to pick them up as audio

Looks like the smPL plugin is seeing all your podcast plugin info as audio - and probably exploding the returned lists

might be your memory issue in the other thread

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

might be worth asking the smPL dev to add the option to filter by emby library - as that way you could specify your music library rather than "just" audio