New Plugin: Smart Playlists

saladin

ginjaninja

i will add additional conditions to try and work out what is going on and where its falling over.

for some reason  played was true but their was no last played date..cant reproduce this.

nnylray

I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing this issue since the Emby update yesterday, but my smart playlists are mostly gone. Just posting to see if it happened to anyone else?

Happened to me too.  I redownloaded the most up to date file and started from scratch.  Now it's working again.

• Like 1

nnylray

Can I request a limit option in subsections?  For example, I put a couple shows in a list, but one show has hundreds more episodes than the other.  I would like to balance what comes from the higher episode show.

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo

I would like this option as well if possible. 

Can I request a limit option in subsections?  For example, I put a couple shows in a list, but one show has hundreds more episodes than the other.  I would like to balance what comes from the higher episode show.

ginjaninja

could we have an option for distinct entries so one movie doesnt show multiple times when sorting by "played date desc".

when using the plugin to generate an ordered/grouped set of movie objects,

if the user wishes to examine one of the movie objects, its not possible because the only action on a playlist item is play, the ability to view object  (ie go to the objects detail screen) would be a nice addition.

but thats more of a server feature request i guess.

i feel something is brewing around playlists vs collections..

edit..

its client specific, the web client cant get to movie details from playlist but roku can

Edited by ginjaninja

rbjtech

yes the fact it's a playlist is limiting the full functionality that could be unleashed with this fantastic plugin.

I've created some example playlists for '80's Films' etc - but it would be great if I could list extra object detail such as the release year (which is what the smartlist is using to create it in the first place), but all it can display (I think) is the film title and duration.

toffee_123

Thanks for this. Is it possible to add the option to create smart playlists from a filter on the movies page? Or do you have to go through the plugin to create a new smart playlist?

ginjaninja

could we have an option for distinct entries so one movie doesnt show multiple times when sorting by "played date desc".

apologies, i had accidentally created two copies of the same movie..nothing to see here..move along

ginjaninja

is any one else seeing either

1. the home screen on web interface hang for seconds with a spinning circle .... with dynamic playlists? each time the playlist is saved/recalculated

and

2. watched movies in emby theatre  not populating a dynamic playlist (often not always) with criteria

is movie

is played

on the other hand

is episode

is played

is working fine for content watched on roku.

if its working for others i perhaps should consider a rebuild.

Edited by ginjaninja

PuffyToesToo

I'm having issues with playlists showing up. Some do and some don't, even when the parameters are basic, and identical to others. 

Example:

Media type is episode 
Path is Z:\Root Folder

Does not show anything. It did before.

The only ones appearing are direct with no extra parameters.
Media type is episode
Series is "Name of Show"

I can no longer add multiple shows to a list. 

Is anyone else seeing this?

ginjaninja

I'm having issues with playlists showing up. Some do and some don't, even when the parameters are basic, and identical to others. 

Example:

Media type is episode 

Path is Z:\Root Folder

Does not show anything. It did before.

The only ones appearing are direct with no extra parameters.

Media type is episode

Series is "Name of Show"

I can no longer add multiple shows to a list. 

Is anyone else seeing this?

would you need path 'contains' rather than path 'is',

mediatype is episode

path contains 'H:\'

works for me (playlist is created)

likewise

mediatype is episode

series contains star trek

works for me (multiple shows)

stills causes ui to hang for many seconds when the playlists are being enumerated, are others seeing similar slowness?

Edited by ginjaninja
  • Like 1

PenkethBoy

The amount of time it takes to update the playlists will come down to a few factors

1. How efficient the code is in the plugin - not saying its bad - but might be some improvements that might be possible in a future update.

2. How intensive the playlist requirements are - i.e. the more specific a playlist specification is (less items or more targeted criteria), the quicker it will run - if its very generic then more data has to be pulled back and then processed to create the playlist

3. Each playlist query is run one after the other - not in parallel - so not all cores of the cpu are going to get used - and likely only one core - so comes down to speed of single thread process

4. So server cpu performance is key

5. If you library.db is on a SSD - you will get better performance as well - from sqlite - as each query requires disk access to read the data from the library.db file - its not kept in memory - and reread for each query every time the playlist is updated etc

6. How large is you media library in terms of item counts - if you have thousands of episodes/movies/songs - the higher the number the longer each query will take as it searches for matches depending on the criteria you specified etc

7. Not checked but i suspect the plugin recreates the playlists etc time - and this would have a performance cost of deleting items then adding items - depending on how many need to be processed

i could go on but those are some of the reasons you might see slow performance - as when the queries are running Emby has to wait for those to clear so it can continue with its "normal" work - hence why you see slowness - as the queries can be processing large numbers of items

If you don't need live updates to the playlists then i would avoid these types of playlists and schedule the update to happen outside normal playback periods etc etc

We have been given a very powerful tool - which is great - but this can have a downside in "demanding" too much of the db to provide data in a quick and timely manner when the queries are not optimal as not everybody understands the impact choices may have to performance. This comes down to some trial and error by the user etc etc

Anyway some thoughts which may be of interest :)

• Like 1

ginjaninja

there maybe something wrong in my setup but even a single smart playlist (type=manual,limit=1,sort=name,crtieria=name is 'top gun'..so 1 result) is sloooooow for me. and if i set it to live the roku browsing experience is not workable.

The fact that i can search for top gun in the web search ui without tanking the experience for users in the roku ui, makes me think that this is not a pure PC performance issue. For me it seems like whilst the plugin is enumerating a playlist, users cant browse on a client.

Win 10 1909, 970Pro NVME 1TB, 16GB, 5820K, library.db=540MB, SmartPlaylistplugin v1.3.0.0

thanks have now noticed the scheduled task option so that will help.

PenkethBoy

That sounds odd

I just tested creating a single movie playlist setup like yours and the scheduled task (also creating 2 others) finished in less than a second and cpu load jumped to a massive 0.3% :)

[edit]

setting all three of my test playlists to live - did change things - when i saved each one after changing to live - cpu load jumped up to 3-4% still not huge but a very noticeable difference

Not sure why that would be - dev would have to answer that - maybe avoid live update on playlists for now?

Edited by PenkethBoy

PuffyToesToo

Thank you for the tips! I've tried all the parameters. 'Contains'. 'Starts With', etc. This started about a week ago, until then I didn't have this issue. I'll give it another go and see. 

ginjaninja

That sounds odd

I just tested creating a single movie playlist setup like yours and the scheduled task (also creating 2 others) finished in less than a second and cpu load jumped to a massive 0.3% :)

[edit]

setting all three of my test playlists to live - did change things - when i saved each one after changing to live - cpu load jumped up to 3-4% still not huge but a very noticeable difference

Not sure why that would be - dev would have to answer that - maybe avoid live update on playlists for now?

thanks for feedback...

do you see something like this in the logs when you save a playlist?

this is from enumerating just one simple playlist...

many (~12) log lines for one playlist.

2020-04-09 16:22:20.186 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 1705ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000
2020-04-09 16:22:22.187 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 1873ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 10000
2020-04-09 16:22:24.441 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2136ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 20000
2020-04-09 16:22:26.881 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2320ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 30000
2020-04-09 16:22:29.404 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2404ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 40000
2020-04-09 16:22:32.145 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2621ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 50000
2020-04-09 16:22:35.029 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2745ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 60000
2020-04-09 16:22:38.022 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2867ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 70000
2020-04-09 16:22:41.000 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2858ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 80000
2020-04-09 16:22:44.003 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2883ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 90000
2020-04-09 16:22:46.960 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2838ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 100000

PuffyToesToo

Even more perplexing, I was able to create playlists on my bf's server no problem using the same parameters. I have no idea what to look into from here. 

PenkethBoy

thanks for feedback...

do you see something like this in the logs when you save a playlist?

this is from enumerating just one simple playlist...

many (~12) log lines for one playlist.

2020-04-09 16:22:20.186 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 1705ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000
2020-04-09 16:22:22.187 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 1873ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 10000
2020-04-09 16:22:24.441 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2136ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 20000
2020-04-09 16:22:26.881 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2320ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 30000
2020-04-09 16:22:29.404 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2404ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 40000
2020-04-09 16:22:32.145 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2621ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 50000
2020-04-09 16:22:35.029 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2745ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 60000
2020-04-09 16:22:38.022 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2867ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 70000
2020-04-09 16:22:41.000 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2858ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 80000
2020-04-09 16:22:44.003 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2883ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 90000
2020-04-09 16:22:46.960 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetItems query time (slow): 2838ms. Query: select A.type,A.data,A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.Genres,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.Studios,A.Tags,A.OriginalTitle,A.CriticRating,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.Artists,A.AlbumArtists,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type in (11,5,8) AND TopParentId in (19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,293258,291477,18,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,255147,255339,20,255822,255945,229320,5,293325) Group by PresentationUniqueKey ORDER BY SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 10000 OFFSET 100000

That would explain a few things

the dev is pulling back what looks like all database fields for each and every query for specific data types and a few other things

to me this is overkill - its like a one size fits all approach rather than a specific query to pull the data in a more targeted way

obviously it works but on slower machines or with large databases would account for the slowdown some are seeing

In your case its running 11 queries for the same playlist and bringing back over 100000 records - why i dont know

a lot of what the query is returning is not needed to create a Playlist so might be redundant data as well

We will have to wait for the dev to return so we can get some clarity on these issues

The issue is not so much the fields but more the number of rows that it's pulling back. That's ten consecutive queries of 10k rows each. I guess the plugin is doing the best that it can until we have a native smart playlist feature in the emby core. But this is the drawback of having to pre-build the smart playlist ahead of time rather than just allowing it to be fully dynamic.

PenkethBoy

The queries should be specific to the playlist criteria and only pull back data it needs - not huge wads of data as it does now - i doubt ginjaninja asked for a 100000+ item pl

dynamic or on a schedule - in or out of the core - is not the issue but currently the way its working is swapping some systems

Hopefully the dev will be back to adjust things - as the functionality is great

PuffyToesToo

So here is all the info I've gathered so far. This started after the recent Emby update. When the scheduled task runs, they disappear. Other ones simply don't show, occasionally they do but with no rhyme or reason.  I've looked in the data > playlists and data > smart playlists folders. All smart playlists created somehow move to the regular playlists folder, and the sub folders are empty. No playlist in each of them. I've tried using a different admin account to no avail. I've turned off the task to see what happens. If anyone has any tips that might help, I'd sure appreciate it.

PenkethBoy

For me the smartplaylist folder just contains the smartplaylist definition files (json) in a subfolder - i.e. the choices you made when setting up the pl's

Playlists are always created in the playlists folder

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo

Yes, that was the case for me until recently. I don't know if it's somehow related to the last server update or not, just that this is when it started doing that. When I create the smart playlist, it first appears in that same folder (smart playlists), with the json file. Later on it simply disappears from that folder, and when I checked the regular playlists folder, I saw the sub folders with those same playlists in there, and each folder was empty. Super weird and quite frustrating!

For me the smartplaylist folder just contains the smartplaylist definition files (json) in a subfolder - i.e. the choices you made when setting up the pl's

Playlists are always created in the playlists folder