Recording next season

gillmacca01
Go to solution Solved by mark-in-dallas,

gillmacca01

I did search, but couldn't find anything.

If I set a series to record (example: game of thrones season 1), will it automatically record the second & subsequent seasons, or do I need to set it up per season?

• Solution
mark-in-dallas

No, it will continue to record until and unless you delete the series recording.  The exception to that is if the titles contain differing data.  As an example I have Dateline NBC set as a series recording and to record all episodes, but had a couple episodes that were not showing in the Series schedule and were not going to record, so I had to create a second series recording schedule for it.  I had the same thing happen not long before that with another series recording, and it drove me batty trying to figure out why.  Cayers took a look at my setup and noticed that the episode that was not going to be recorded had the release year in the metadata, and was apparently being seen as a separate series.

I would set the series recording and just check back around the time the new season is going to air, to insure that the episodes are set to record.

Edited by mark-in-dallas