External player plus batch files

barrettuk

barrettuk

Hi all,

I have been working on a configuration that allows the playback of DVD, BD, and 3D all from mkv containers and getting the best PQ for the big screen theater while having the best experience around the home.... anyway I think I am very close but have one last issue I need help with.

I did search and couldn't find anything, so hope one of you already knows the answer or can share your own solution...

I need to call a batch file at the same time an external player is used, just for 3D playback of mkv rips. It sounds like this can be done with XBMC so looking to see how we would create that in an MB3 environment. 

The basic setup is this..

MBC using MPC-HC with MadVR for DVD and BD (madvr handles the refresh rate switching)

MBC using stereoscopic player for 3D Blu-ray MKV rips (also does its own refresh rate switching)

I'm using NVidia cards so am dealing with the bug/feature that they do not playback frame-packing 3D correctly without the 3DTV add-on, the batch file is needed to activate NVidia 3D before Stereoscopic player launches and then deactivates it when the player closes and returned to WMC/MBC

Here is how is works in XBMC which another explained to me:

You can turn NVidia's 3D function on and off with nvstlink.exe

I made a batch file called PlayStereo.bat
Code:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
Start "C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey" AutoHotkey.exe
Set pth=%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Stereoscopic Player\StereoPlayer.exe" %pth% -fss -nl -ol:NVIDIA -termend
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
Taskkill /IM AutoHotkey.exe /F

You don't need the lines about AutoHotkey. I just use it to write keyboard shortcuts for Stereoscopic Player. This file turns Nvidia 3D on before it opens Stereoscopic Player in full screen, and it turns Nvidia 3D off after Stereoscopic Player is terminated (or exits full screen).

I then use XBMC's playercorefactory file to call PlayStereo.bat every time I need it to play 3D. I don't know how MB works, but I'm sure you'll figure it out from here.

SO... any ideas or suggestions on how we can do this?

Many thanks,

You could setup a generic external player that calls your batch file but you would lose the integration for resume tracking and your batch file would need to contain logic that waited until MPC exited until continuing.