Weird TVShow sorting/detection issues

Nightreaver

Nightreaver

Hello

I recently updated from 4.4.3.0-1 to 4.5.2.0 and since then im hitting a couple of weird issues with my TVShow library.
 I have deleted the library after the updated and re-created it, but the issues are still there.
 Also, I didn't attempt to rename any show yet, some of them have been working well before, and some issues don't even make sense.

Disclaimer: I'm trying to explain the issues as good as possible, without leaving any important information out.
 But its hard to explain things that don't really understand.

In order to explain the issues, i will write down issues in different scenarios.
That said, all scenarios happen at the same time!

I did many library rescans and Meta-Refresh without success
Also, "Showtitle" is a placeholder, each "Showtitle" per scenario counts as unique folder.

Scenario 1:

Spoiler

Showtitle1 E01-E24
 E01 - Title.ext
 E02 - Title.ext
 [...]

Showtitle2 E01-E24
 E01 - Title.ext
 E02 - Title.ext
 [...]

Issue: episodes from Show 2 are detected while episodes from Show1 are not detect.

Scenario 2:

Spoiler

Showtitle1.Complete:
  Title.e001.x265.720p.ext
  Title.e002.x265.720p.ext
  Title.e003.x265.720p.ext
  Title.e004.x265.720p.ext
  Title.e005.x265.720p.ext
  [...]

Showtitle2.E001-100
  Title.E001.GErman.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.E002.GErman.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.E003.GErman.DL.1080p.ext
  [...]

Showtitle3.E101-200
  Title.E101.German.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.E102.German.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.E103.German.DL.1080p.ext
  [...]

Issue: None of the episodes of "Showtitle1.Complete" are detected

Scenario 3:

Spoiler

Showtitle1.S01...:
  Title.S01E01.German.Dl.AC3.720p.ext
  Title.S01E02.German.Dl.AC3.720p.ext
  [...]

Showtitle2.S01.German.DL.AC3.1080p:
  Title.S01E01.German.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.S01E02.German.DL.1080p.ext
  [...]

Showtitle3.S01.1080p.
  [...]

Issue: none of these show have episodes detected

Scenario 4

Spoiler

Showtitle.1.Ep01-13
  Title.Ep01.German.DTS.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.Ep01.Bonus.German.DTS.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.Ep02.German.DTS.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.Ep02.Bonus.German.DTS.DL.1080p.ext
  Title.Ep03.German.DTS.DL.1080p.ext
  [...]

Showtitle.II
  Title1.II.E01.German.DTS.
  Title1.II.E02.German.DTS.
  Title1.II.E03.German.DTS.
  [...]

Showtitle.3
  Title.S03E01.German.DL.DTS.1080p
  Title.S03E02.German.DL.DTS.1080p
  Title.S03E03.German.DL.DTS.1080p
  Title.S03E04.German.DL.DTS.1080p
  [...]

Issue: after scan, all 3 TVshows show up as TVshow in the library.
At first I assigned an IMDB-id to "Showtitle.3" which as detected well. 
Secondly, I assigned an IMDB-id to "Showtitle.II" which detected as well, while the library folder for "Showtitle.3" disappeared.
I assigned an ID to the last "Showtitle.1.Ep01-13" which caused "Showtitle1.II" folder to disappear, and the show only to be found in "Showtitle.1.Ep01-13".
I cannot find any of the other two folders in the library anymore and the meta-data is only available for "Showtitle.1.Ep01-13" while the others are lost in nowhere.
Also with all these 3 folders merged. I have only 1 episode detected > see scenario 5

Scenario 5

Spoiler

Showtitle.Ep01-13
 Title.Ep.01.German.1080p.ext
 Title.Ep.01.Bonus.German.1080p.ext
 Title.Ep.02.German.1080p.ext
 Title.Ep.02.Bonus.German.1080p.ext
 Title.Ep.03.German.1080p.ext
 Title.Ep.03.Bonus.German.1080p.ext
 [...]

Issue: Only Episode 1.Bonus is detected and displayed as "S01:E13 Bonus", all other episodes are missing

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, Nightreaver said:

Scenario 3:

Reveal hidden contents

Showtitle1.S01...:
  Title.S01E01.German.Dl.AC3.720p.ext
  Title.S01E02.German.Dl.AC3.720p.ext
  [...]

Showtitle2.S01.German.DL.AC3.1080p:
  [...]

Showtitle3.S01.1080p.
  [...]

Issue: none of these show have episodes detected

Why would they as these are Season folders not Series/Show folders?  Emby currently Requires every Show to have its own Series parent folder.

As for other examples Season context of some sort will always be needed.  Or Emby will not present as a Series of will list in Unknown Season.  I have never tested any.  But I guess I can attempt to turn these generic examples into real world tests.

But I believe the biggest change within these builds is adding the Mixed Content Autodetection to TV Show content type to improve folder complexity detection.  So items not in specific structure do not get detected as TV content type.  Proper Show/Episode or Show/Season/Episode naming structure

Edited by Happy2Play

Nightreaver

So I moved the 2 Series  from Scenario 1 to a new folder, added that one to the Library and rescanned. Now everything gets detected properly, without even the need to change anything in the naming. So I suspect that my library, metadata folder whatever is seriously broken from the update.

Is there a way to reset emby metadata/library without losing (library)settings/user etc ?

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Nightreaver said:

So I moved the 2 Series  from Scenario 1 to a new folder, added that one to the Library and rescanned. Now everything gets detected properly, without even the need to change anything in the naming. So I suspect that my library, metadata folder whatever is seriously broken from the update.

Is there a way to reset emby metadata/library without losing (library)settings/user etc ?

Userdata is tracked by Providerid ie IMDB, TMDB, TVDB.  So userdata is only lost if items do not have these ids.  If they do not exist it is tracked by a databae id that is lost every time the media is moved, same with metadata/images that are not saved with media since that database id will no longer exist.

In your \Emby-Server\programdata\root\default folder you have all of your set libraries (path will vary on each platform).  What is the <CollapseSingleItemFolders> value in the options.xml for your old and new library?

• 1 month later...
Happy2Play
16 hours ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play is there a regression here that needs to be looked at?

It is really hard to say as to the age/config of one library to another.  But it working on a new library and not a old library suggests to me a old setting and the only thing I could think of as mentioned above would be the collapse option as that will be different on old vs new.

But can not see any of those scenarios working as there are no Showtile folders they are all season or episode folders along with unsupported naming scheme.

Nightreaver

So to update on my issue - after updating to new emby i had to do 2 things. 

1. deleting the "library.db" file from emby, this caused the file to be created again, but this time with 3 files instead of one (.db, .db-shm, .db-wal)

2. deleting of all .nfo metadata files in broken folders - regardless of me clicking "update metadata" this didnt change anything for affected series. After I removed all .nfo and triggered a new scan, all series and episodes are detected well again.

What is still strange to me is the fact that when you have 1 Show in 3 different folders, they are merge together into one, without giving you the option to edit either of them again.

I was expecting that - at least - in the metadata editor i can change anything, but there is nothing as well. this could probably be improved?! (I talk about editing the show name etc, in case it was added wrongly or whatever)

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Nightreaver said:

deleting the "library.db" file from emby, this caused the file to be created again, but this time with 3 files instead of one (.db, .db-shm, .db-wal)

The other 2 files only apply to a open database and should never be present on a properly closed database.

1 hour ago, Nightreaver said:

What is still strange to me is the fact that when you have 1 Show in 3 different folders, they are merge together into one, without giving you the option to edit either of them again.

Do you have "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" enabled on the library?