Adding 4k TV to only local server

wakeboarder141
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

wakeboarder141

I currently maintain two different libraries for movies.  One for remote streaming, and one for local streaming with 4k HDR higher bitrate movies.  I would like the ability to have 4k HDR versions of some of my TV shows without having to maintain a 4th library, and have to switch back and forth between TV libraries at home. Are there any other ways to add 4k tv shows to the same TV library without remote users being able to see them?  I can't think of an easy way to do it.  Thanks. 

Hi, you could use folder based access to put them in the same library and then restrict them from other users.

wakeboarder141

That sounds like what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to restrict one folder in a library from certain users.  Could you elaborate? 

• Solution
GrimReaper
22 minutes ago, wakeboarder141 said:

That sounds like what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to restrict one folder in a library from certain users.  Could you elaborate? 

Settings>Users, Edit user you want, “Access“ tab, uncheck Enable access to all libraries and then you'll get folder list per library. 

wakeboarder141
2 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Settings>Users, Edit user you want, “Access“ tab, uncheck Enable access to all libraries and then you'll get folder list per library. 

Thanks. That should work for me.