Lag and buffering

Map84096
Go to solution Solved by Map84096,

vdatanet
7 minutes ago, Map84096 said:

How do I do that?

Provide more info:

1. Your infrastructure, server, clients, network...
2. Live TV source
3. Playback mode: Local/Remote and Direct Play/Direct Streaming/Remuxing/Transcoding
4. Provide logs: Server, streaming sessions, transcoding sessions..

The more information the better help you will get

• Like 1

Map84096

1 my pc windows 10. I7 3.2ghs. 32gb ram ssd , issues with roku clients. Connected wireless. However server is plugged directly into the router/ modem 

Live tv source is xteve using several different live to sources including area 51.

Playback mode is direct streaming 

192.168.1.44_8096_emby_System_Logs_ffmpeg-directstream-b50d5768-3020-4324-865c-2ab2eff6f58e_1.PDF

Edited by Map84096

why is it a PDF? can you make it not be a PDF. Those have virus. Can contain them. Why on Earth did you use PDF?

make it just .txt or .zip the .txt so that we can trust it isn't a virus/trojan/rootkit/etc.. thanks

The reason it might lag on WiFi is because you are limited on bandwidth. WiFi is theoretical and real world factors can make one area more prone to interference than another. If your WiFi router isn't "mesh" where it has overlap over areas you will experience throughput drops, clips, and spikes. WiFi range extender/repeater would help. Place it approximately half way between where you want to have WiFi and where the access point is.

Edited by speechles

vdatanet

You can try to lower the quality, perhaps with a lower bitrate the playback is smoother.

How is the Xteve buffer configured? Try to make changes to the Xteve buffer configuration.

You can also try Emby's m3u tuner and see if there are any differences.

• Solution
Map84096

Thank you for the suggestions. But I think the biggest issue was that my hard drive in the server was dying. New drive and full reinstall of everything seems to have fixed it 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Map84096 said:

Thank you for the suggestions. But I think the biggest issue was that my hard drive in the server was dying. New drive and full reinstall of everything seems to have fixed it 

Thanks for the feedback !

4 hours ago, Map84096 said:

Hopefully you scored during the black friday/cyber monday deals on hard drives going on. They are insanely cheap right now. SSD are ridiculously cheap.

Glad you got it fixed. I was curious how all 3 of your Roku on WiFi would experience the same issue. That would mean major interference or something slowing down responses. The dying HDD is going to impact all 3. Nice detective work.

Any other problems you have on Roku? Let us know. Thanks. :)

Edited by speechles