Indentify not working - Ubuntu

joshliz91
Go to solution Solved by joshliz91,

joshliz91

I'm running the latest version of emby on Ubuntu 20.04. Its been working perfectly for me till recently. It no longer pulls metadata for movies I add to the library and when I use the identify feature to pull the data it return no results. Any advise on fixing the issue?

joshliz91

Thank you Luke,

I have attached my server log file. emby is not pulling the meta data for the movies I'm adding to my server and It will not let me use the "Identify" feature. I have restarted the server and my computer and left them turned off for 2 hours before turning them back on. I have checked to see if the "meta data lock" is enabled and it is not. I have restarted my router. My computer is hard wired to the router.

emby server log

35 minutes ago, joshliz91 said:

Thank you Luke,

I have attached my server log file. emby is not pulling the meta data for the movies I'm adding to my server and It will not let me use the "Identify" feature. I have restarted the server and my computer and left them turned off for 2 hours before turning them back on. I have checked to see if the "meta data lock" is enabled and it is not. I have restarted my router. My computer is hard wired to the router.

emby server log 69.71 kB · 0 downloads

Your requests to moviedb are timing out and failing. do you have something blocking the connection? Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or vpn.

joshliz91

not to my knowledge. I don't have vpn setup on this computer and the only security software is whatever Ubuntu normal comes with. I don't have any 3rd party security software installed.

mastrmind11
1 hour ago, joshliz91 said:

not to my knowledge. I don't have vpn setup on this computer and the only security software is whatever Ubuntu normal comes with. I don't have any 3rd party security software installed.

it wouldnt be security software, it would be an outbound firewall.  i'm not sure whether 20 ships w/ a firewall enabled, im a couple distros behind.

Nonetheless that is the most typical cause of this. The other thing you could try is disabling ipv6 in your router and see if that helps.

• Solution
joshliz91

Ok I just fixed the problem. Instead of simply restarting my router, I turned it off and unplugged the power cord for a solid 10minutes then rebooted everything. I then cleared my all-time browser cache, cookies, saved login, everything. Now it works. Thank you for the troubleshooting tips.

Mblakley

Mine is doing the same thing and my firewall is turned off, had been working and suddenly just stopped. I see where it says it timed out but don't see why even tried using the IMDB id code for the movies.

embyserver.txt

mark-in-dallas

I had the same thing happen awhile back, but I also lost the ability to refresh Live TV Guide Data.  For me what the problem turned out to be, and I have absolutely no idea why,  but it was with my Linksys Router firmware, and after replacing the Linksys firmware with DD-WRT firmware, everything began working fine again.

Again, I have no reason for why, and after I got it working again I did try going back to the Linksys firmware, but once again the ability to update metadata and guide data  stopped working. 

If it helps at all steps I took in isolating the problem to the router firmware was to connect my Linux Emby Server  directly to my Modem, and then updating metadata and refreshing the guide worked fine.  I also found that trying to ping imdb with the router in the loop would fail, but pinging it when connected directly to the modem worked.

Edited by mark-in-dallas
  • Like 1