Stream from Live TV Supplier

duckulaj63

duckulaj63

My IPTV streaming suppllier provides with a link to an M3U file. Apart from live tv channels I can also watch Movies and Series.

I want to be able to create a library for movies, a library named serries and sub libraries for each of the series.

I currently use xTeVe as the m3uTuner but cannot find anyway to have the movies etc. picked up as there is no EPG data.

Is there a pluign that allows me to parse the m3u file and tell emby to use the links in the parsed file.

I have already googled this subject but have not found anything that fits my requirements.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hi, There is not a plugin to do this but I myself do something similar to what you want.  I've got a python script I run that can pull the TV Shows from the m3u and create a library of strm files.  Same with movies from the m3u into a movies library using strm files.  This then allows me to add these to my normal movie and TV Shows library and have Emby pull the meta-data for them.

This works with the provider I use but I don't know if it will work with other provider.  If you like, PM me a download m3u  (you can change username/password) file and I'll run it through my script to see if it would work for you or not.  If so I'd be happy to give it to you and assist it setting it up which is quite fast for me to do.

Carlo

duckulaj63

Hi Carol, 

Thank you for your response. I already have a Java Springboot application for parsing an m3u and allowing me to download. I'll take a look at strm files. 

Cheers

Nice.

I've played around with m3u files many different ways and this is what I think works best for Emby.  I like this so much better than having all these entries in the TV Listing especially when there isn't any guide data for them. This way they get full meta-data provided by Emby, you get watch status and can set permissions easily (ie an Adult VOD section) for different users.

duckulaj63

Hi Carlo,

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've found a python script that converts tv shows mu3u entry to strm files and working really well in Emby.

I'm going to add the functionality into my jave software and run it as a service to update my new Emby library when a change in the m3u is detected.

Once again, thank you

• Like 1

Unless it's been fixed that one will hang/not complete if there is a pound sing in the name of the movie or episode.

So these would cause an issue:
#1 Cheerleader Camp
#Captured
#cats_the_mewvie
#FriendButMarried
#FriendButMarried 2
#Rucker50
#Stuck

#blackAF
#Flickstreck

It uses a folder m3u that it downloads to.  If it hangs the m3u file is still there and you can edit the file and rerun it.  It will download another m3u file but sequentially name it (doesn't use it).

You then need to kill the m3u after you run it.

1 hour ago, niiknok said:

Just stream on your iptv service, there is no need to spend money on premiere. Its non sense.🤣

Not even in the same category.  With Emby you can record and  easily load great guide data.
You can have multiple clients watching the same channels and not use up your stream count, etc.

It really depends on your needs, but it's really hard to beat having everything under one interface like Emby and on so many different devices without having to configure them for IPTV.