4.5.2.0 subtitles no longer work

DOWORK

I am using Emby Docker server version: 4.5.2.0

Ever since my server updated to 4.5.2.0 subtitles no longer work. Before when Allow subtitle extraction on the fly was enabled subtitles would take a few seconds then appear. Now nothing the video just direct plays and the subtitles never appear. When I turn this feature off the video never plays at all. I just get a circle spinning loading and when I look in the dashboard it shows playing and time is going but there is nothing.

I have also tried changing quality settings to force transcoding which did not work either.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f43a3b11-c0db-45bc-bbbe-9ce426e517a9_1.txt

Same results. No subs at all. Even with software transcoding or direct play with hw trans off.

Seems to only like Allow subtitle extraction on the fly unchecked now. I guess I'll just have to wait for the whole file to load. It use to work in previous version with my subs it just had a odd glitch where the subs would take a few seconds and then catch up.

21 hours ago, DOWORK said:

Same results. No subs at all. Even with software transcoding or direct play with hw trans off.

Seems to only like Allow subtitle extraction on the fly unchecked now. I guess I'll just have to wait for the whole file to load. It use to work in previous version with my subs it just had a odd glitch where the subs would take a few seconds and then catch up.

Ok so that means that in your environment, the on the fly extraction is just not happening quickly enough, so that's why you have to uncheck that option.