Jump to content

Swap L/R Channels


fizzyade

Recommended Posts

GrimReaper76
Just now, fizzyade said:

yes.  Hence this request!

Why don't you then use some cheapo NUC-alike inbetween and manipulate audio through Windows? Since May 2020 update Win10 supports AD2P sink, which theoretically should work with Android TV as well? 

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/06/08/enable-and-use-windows-10-bluetooth-a2dp-sink/amp/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrimReaper76 said:

Why don't you then use some cheapo NUC-alike inbetween and manipulate audio through Windows? Since May 2020 update Win10 supports AD2P sink, which theoretically should work with Android TV as well? 

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/06/08/enable-and-use-windows-10-bluetooth-a2dp-sink/amp/

 

Bluetooth is flakey and I can only get stereo out of it (this may or may not be a limitation of bluetooth or probably more likely the picopix Max), my current solution involves a pi and bluetooth using a hifiberry and hand editing some config files to swap left and right before sending it to the Sonos beam, I have some rears for the system but they are redundant at the moment.

At this point I have a SPDIF stream which could contain LPCM or DD, I need something that basically takes that stream and switches the left and right channels or I need to be able to swap left and right at the source (emby).

If I can't find something that swaps the left and right then I'll probably end up writing some code on a STM32 to process the stream and do the swap, but that's not entirely trivial due to the timing on spdif and needing to support both LPCM and DD, so I'm ideally looking for a solution that is off the shelf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
GrimReaper76
1 minute ago, fizzyade said:

Bluetooth is flakey and I can only get stereo out of it (this may or may not be a limitation of bluetooth or probably more likely the picopix Max), my current solution involves a pi and bluetooth using a hifiberry and hand editing some config files to swap left and right before sending it to the Sonos beam, I have some rears for the system but they are redundant at the moment.

At this point I have a SPDIF stream which could contain LPCM or DD, I need something that basically takes that stream and switches the left and right channels or I need to be able to swap left and right at the source (emby).

If I can't find something that swaps the left and right then I'll probably end up writing some code on a STM32 to process the stream and do the swap, but that's not entirely trivial due to the timing on spdif and needing to support both LPCM and DD, so I'm ideally looking for a solution that is off the shelf.

Emby Theater on NUC, audio out to Sonos, video out to Picopix? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrimReaper76 said:

Yeah. 

I guess it's a possibility, although it's a bit like using the cannon on the deathstar to light a cigarette!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
GrimReaper76
Just now, fizzyade said:

I guess it's a possibility, although it's a bit like using the cannon on the deathstar to light a cigarette!

 

LOL Beggars can't be choosers. 😉 At least it gives you pretty elegant solution. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

LOL Beggars can't be choosers. 😉 At least it gives you pretty elegant solution. 

Using Windows makes me feel dirty! lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GrimReaper76
12 minutes ago, fizzyade said:

Using Windows makes me feel dirty! lol

 

LOL While I do relate to your STM32-enthusiast approach, I reckon that in this particular instance it's just not worth the effort with existing out-of-the-box solution, for which I assume same can be achieved in some Linux distro as well. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could remap the audio channels in ffmpeg and write a new audio track with fl/rl and fr/rr channels reversed.  If this is an option,  give me a shout and I'll look into the ffmpeg arguments for you...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

You could remap the audio channels in ffmpeg and write a new audio track with fl/rl and fr/rr channels reversed.  If this is an option,  give me a shout and I'll look into the ffmpeg arguments for you...

 

Yeah, this is a possibility, but again, far from ideal. I was also considering proxying ffmpeg on Emby and dynamically switching them, but I’d need to know which player the stream is going to so that I can swap them or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Option B .. a real permanent fix is to simply swap the speaker wires in the sonos unit itself !   I'm not sure how serviceable the unit is but to me that sounds like an easier solution that coding an intermediate device .. 

Edited by rbjtech
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...