Change imdbid/tvdbid for all subfolders

ossii

I have ended up with a lot of missing metadata on a new fresh install, can't recall it was this bad on previous install..
Anyhow, is there any way to change imdb id/tvdb id for all subfolders?

For example I got:
The.100
   S01
   S02
   S03
etc

Each season is threated as its own unknown show called S01 S02 etc. I see that on each S01 S02 I can change the show imdb ID/tvdb ID etc and get the metadata correct.
This option is missing on the main shows level (The.100 in this example).
Due to the amount of missing metadata I'm wondering if there is any other option to mass update each show and its subfolders with an imdb ID/tvdb ID?

Updating S01 S02 S03 etc for several shows takes quite a bit of time :/

Happy2Play

May need to go over complete structure, naming scheme and content of one example. 

Sounds like there is content at a lower level causing mis identification.

/mnt/Series/The.100/SE01/The.100.S01E01.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS/the.100.s01e01.1080p.bluray.x264-rovers.mkv

Thats the complete path. For the library I have added /mnt/Series with type TV Shows.
Pretty standard so not sure how this and many like got wrong this time around.. Will try the "identify feature" to see if I at least can do show by show, rather than season by season.

Happy2Play

You can try but I would guess since the wrong level is being identified as Show you will only convert that level.

I will test again but the majority of users do not have episode folder levels.

Happy2Play

But testing this I had no issue adding that exact name/structure.  Unless there is other folders or content within said structure it will be hard to say why season level is being recognized as Show level.  My test was in a database only library so if there is metadata within these folders you may have to remove it.

test1.thumb.jpg.7c26d361f2a62fd89a735c6482eb5e07.jpg

Yeah it is strange, as mentioned I didn't see this kind of issues previously.. Does metadata downloader order make a difference?
This is just a feeling, but say previously I had maybe 10% tops that I had to identify manually, now it seems more like 50/50 (fresh install).

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, ossii said:

Yeah it is strange, as mentioned I didn't see this kind of issues previously.. Does metadata downloader order make a difference?
This is just a feeling, but say previously I had maybe 10% tops that I had to identify manually, now it seems more like 50/50 (fresh install).

It didn't in my test.

How old is this installation?

If you were to create a new TV Shows library and move this series into that new location do you get the same results?

11 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

It didn't in my test.

How old is this installation?

If you were to create a new TV Shows library and move this series into that new location do you get the same results?

Ok, so did some tests. Simply moving episodes out of SE01 SE02 resolves the issue, most shows gets "scraped" properly then.
Maybe a feature request then, if see S01 S02, SE01 SE02, Season01 Season02 etc, then do two things:
- If failed to match show/scrape show, do not threat as separate shows, but looks for the dir above.
- This will avoid TV Shows/S01 S02 etc, but rather TV Shows/The.100 (which needs to be manually identified, then all subdirs below gets updated as well).

Question though, has this been changed (handling of S01 S02 etc) in the past say couple years?
As mentioned, before the reinstall, this wasn't an issue, a few here and there, but not like this.

Edited by ossii

Happy2Play

The primary change is Emby attempting to auto detect via structure as it is trying to be more lenient on nested/complex folder structures to recognize Shows at different nested folder levels.