Transcoding / Docker / Openmediavault 5

markymarc35

markymarc35

Hi all,

I just build my home server and use OVM 5 with Docker for all the aps including Emby.

I got everything working except that when i try to view a video in Emby from outside my home network, it does not play correctlly, it is choppy at best and frozen at worst.

I am not an expert at OVM nor Docker and i have been using Emby for almost a year (It was on my previous FreeNas server) so i don't know exactly where to start or what to look for to debug this situation. In the transcoding section, "Enable hardware acceleration when available:" is set to Auto but if i change it to Advanced, both Prefered sections are empty.

• Video Adapter: I use the on-board video adapter and the only description i can get for it is VGA compatible controller Intel Corporation.
  • CPU is a i5-8400 2.8G no overclock,
  • Ram: 8G,
  • Motherboard: MSI MS-B360M Pro-VDH
  • Disk: SSD for the OS, Raid5 3X Western Digital NAS drives for data
  • Emby Server: Version 4.5.2.0 installer in Docker.
  • Server accessed from outside via Cloudflare DNS (cloud) and Nginx reverse proxy (running on raspberry pi 4 inside my home network).

I don't exactly what is needed to help with this situation so i am ready to supply any other information that is needed.