Playlist and Collections in Emby Theatre

grimleaper1709

grimleaper1709

Have a problem that I am unable to resolve. 

Since my last Server update about a month ago, my Emby Theatre (Windows) added buttons for Playlist and Collections in the sidebar view of my Homescreen.

All is fine and well if they were empty, as the Collections are, since I never created a collections or Playlist.

Playlist however is overloaded with stuff, all of it music. No amount of removing it through the Theatre interface makes it go away.

Cannot find a way the remove or configure it on the server side, cannot find a playlist.xml to remove.

Where is this coming from and how is it creating a playlist when I never created one or would ever use one.

grimleaper1709

FYI there is no playlist files of any kind in Emby-Server/program data/data.

Adding a new playlist does work correctly and adds a new playlist folder. It also removes correctly 

but obviously all that mystery stuff stills stays.Untitled.thumb.jpg.73c3780aeda1fa1e5e61eb923769994c.jpg

Edited by grimleaper1709
additional info

grimleaper1709

There is no place to delete it from, I thought I made that clear. 

Neither on the Server side (No Playlist in Library) nor Theatre side. (Sidebar/playlist/Item/.../remove from playlist  does nothing)

No playlist.xml file or Playlist folder in Emby-Server/program data/data ( though adding a new playlist does add a playlist folder with correct name and deleting that playlist by name does delete it correctly

So how do you suggest I delete the playlist that I don't want?

Edited by grimleaper1709
correction

Try deleting the entire playlist using the user interface. Ensure your emby user is granted permission to do that.

grimleaper1709

And why is it even displaying playlist on my home screen when it is clearly marked not too.

And where did Collections and Playlists come from all of a sudden. It was never part of my Emby setup and the only things that changed has been server updates.

Untitled.jpg

grimleaper1709

This is the admin account so he has all the permissions to do whatever he wants. There is no place to delete playlists, entire or not

grimleaper1709

Luke, seriously do you read the posts.

27 minutes ago, grimleaper1709 said:

There is no place to delete it from, I thought I made that clear. 

Neither on the Server side (No Playlist in Library) nor Theatre side. (Sidebar/playlist/Item/... /remove from playlist  does nothing)

No playlist.xml file or Playlist folder in Emby-Server/program data/data ( though adding a new playlist does add a playlist folder with correct name and deleting that playlist by name does delete it correctly

So how do you suggest I delete the playlist that I don't want?

The three dots give me all the right moves but nothing happens after wards even after I do library refresh etc.

And where is it getting the information that it is populating the Playlist with?

Why can I not just delete that DB or find that Playlist anywhere?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1542c7b972eb3f8033c36df942e37d70.jpg

Edited by grimleaper1709
additional

grimleaper1709

Which in my case does not exist. no three dots anywhere.

The only place that the words playlist even exist is in the pictures I enclose.

On the server side there is no playlist in the library, the only reference is in the setup for home screen (display or not)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

It does actually, right in the screen you posted earlier, the 3-dot more button on the left side of the playlist screen.

You could also try right clicking on one of the playlists and see if you can delete it from there.

grimleaper1709

Ok, seems we are not getting anywhere. Don't worry I'll figure it out.

Somewhere the system is picking up M3U or PLS files. Like I said the MUSIC Folder has a playlist ...Tester... which I created just now, and proceeded to delete the way you described, so system is working right except for the playlist entries,  212 which appears from no where.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.8000c40e1a2e938fc196457b28e4096c.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Ok, seems we are not getting anywhere. Don't worry I'll figure it out.

Are you sure? It looks like you deleted the playlist and it's empty now.

Somewhere the system is picking up M3U or PLS files.

Yes, emby server supports your playlist files. You could also just delete the files and then run a library scan.

• 1 year later...

I am another one with this issue.

I never had music playlists on 4.6. Updating to 4.7 wiped my settings, so I did a restore, which somehow added Playlists to my library.

None of that really bothered me, I removed it from my library, unchecked it the Home Screen Settings. However the bloody Playlist section in the Sidebar will NEVER stay collapsed, it always expands after navigating anywhere in Emby. I collapse it non stop, and it always expands after I go anywhere. Collections was also initially expanded after the restore, however I collapsed that, and it has stayed that way ever since.

I went through and deleted the m3u files that were causing the Playlist to linger regardless of them being removed form library.

So some bug is causing Playlist to expand all the time. so that should be fixed at some stage,

On 12/5/2021 at 11:12 PM, KRULL said:

I am another one with this issue.

I never had music playlists on 4.6. Updating to 4.7 wiped my settings, so I did a restore, which somehow added Playlists to my library.

None of that really bothered me, I removed it from my library, unchecked it the Home Screen Settings. However the bloody Playlist section in the Sidebar will NEVER stay collapsed, it always expands after navigating anywhere in Emby. I collapse it non stop, and it always expands after I go anywhere. Collections was also initially expanded after the restore, however I collapsed that, and it has stayed that way ever since.

I went through and deleted the m3u files that were causing the Playlist to linger regardless of them being removed form library.

So some bug is causing Playlist to expand all the time. so that should be fixed at some stage,

Hi, it's not something that is remembered at this point, but we may add that in future updates. thanks.