TV Episodes broken into 3 parts

cappapp
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

I've looked at the naming guide, but I'm not sure what to do in the case of 1 episode, broken into 3 parts. If there is even an option. Or maybe I didn't understand. Can anyone confirm if I can do this or not?

Cheers

Happy2Play

There is no easy way for this, it will be some work but you already have them in single episodes you would just need to rename the episode number according to TVDB.

Cartoons are problematic as different providers handle them differently.  But this specific example TMDB list them individually also.

So from a metadata provider standpoint these should not be parts of a specific episode.

Personally I would use a tool like Bulk Rename Utility and rename them using the interface to the remove 2 character in the naming and replace them sequentially.

I will post an example shortly.

Edited by Happy2Play

Your best bet would be to combine this manually outside of Emby back into 1 episode so that it matches.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Your best bet would be to combine this manually outside of Emby back into 1 episode so that it matches.

Not really as they are individual episodes on provider sites.

To me if it's one episode broken up as he gets it into 3 files but the meta-data is only for one episode I WOULD combine the three into 1 file so it matches the provider data.

That's just me but how I'd handle this.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Here is an example of what I would do to make each one match provider.  The set code provides proper new name.

example.thumb.jpg.789532a9b621a2d30aea9f87be974f2b.jpg

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

But provider has them individually sequentially.  If you combine them then you have to rename as S01E01-E03.  Instead of as is and change episode numbers.

Happy2Play
Just now, cappapp said:

I've been using Ant renamer for a long time, this one looks cool too. Thanks, i'll add it to my tools. So I just want to seq name everything 1, 2, 3 ... etc ?

I would spot check to verify your episode corresponds with provider but yes.

I misunderstood I think.  So there is the correct number of episodes and the description is correct but episode season/number is wrong?

In that case just a rename.  What am I missing?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, cayars said:

I misunderstood I think.  So there is the correct number of episodes and the description is correct but episode season/number is wrong?

In that case just a rename.  What am I missing?

Correct just a episode number change in this specific case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I would spot check to verify your episode corresponds with provider but yes.

Ok, cool. I'll give it a shot.

Happy2Play

Yes Filebot is really good at matching this information (Show/episode name).

Edited by Happy2Play

Yeah. Thanks for the help. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. I've done that in the past, I guess I was thrown off by assuming the 3 files should of been 1 file.

Thanks again.

Happy2Play
Just now, cappapp said:

Yeah. Thanks for the help. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. I've done that in the past, I guess I was thrown off by assuming the 3 files should of been 1 file.

Thanks again.

I don't believe the Split video files (file stacking) logic applies to Episodes/TV, like it does a Movie.  But glad it was a relatively easy fix.