Some quirk about box sets after splitting up multi version movies

horstepipe
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

horstepipe

Hello

I'm having an odd database related problem (I think) here, hopefully it's solvable without starting from scratch...

In my previous situation I had two movie libraries, "4K movies" and "movies". Each movie in "4K movies" library was a multi version movie, like

Prometheus (2012) - 4K - HDR
Prometheus (2012) - HD - SDR

As that organization brought some confusion to my users, I decided to move all HD versions to the "movies" library, so no multi version movies anymore. But now my box sets / collections are incomplete (not all, but some). My Prometheus collection now only shows the HD versions of "Prometheus" and "Alien Covenant" from the "movies" library, the 4K-versions from "4K movies" library do not show up in that collection. I checked the xml of that collection and there all 4 movies are listed with correct paths. I also tried to add the missing movies to the collection manually without success, they keep missing in the collection. I also tried to remove the whole collection, ran auto box sets (which recreated it) without success, still only the two movies show up although the (new created) xml of the collection shows all 4 movies. This is Emby server 4.5.2.0, any ideas?

PenkethBoy

yep its a database/emby bug

@Happy2Playcan post a link or two to the thread where we discussed it and there is a solution but its not for the novice as it involves some db editing and getting it wrong.....

Its fixed in newer databases created in say the last couple of months - but there was no release notes regarding it - so not sure which version of emby has the fix

but although fixed in version x - the db needs either rebuilding or editing.....

• Thanks 1

• Solution
Happy2Play

Yep, your option and attempting to find issue in database, New libraries, or new database.

movie not being added to collection - General/Windows - Emby Community

Depending on how many items you are looking at I would probably remove those items from Emby then ensure all traces were removed in the database, then re-add items.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe

soo, as in my case only a handful of movies are affected, I decided to just rename the corresponding folder names. Could you please confirm that this bug only affects movies which were split apart earlier from a multi version movie? So if I currently have a single version movie in library A and add the same movie (4K) to library B somewhen, this problem won't occur?

PenkethBoy

not tested that situation - just try one or two movies to see - i suspect that if not fixed first then it will continue - but testing should highlight that or not if done systematically

but if you are trying to avoid rebuilding your db then i can understand that - as thats why i went the route of editing the db

• Thanks 1