Emby Theater video freezing during video OP due to subtitles

aeonsfury
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

aeonsfury

Hello,

Have a series that's freezing during its opening and ending on in theater direct playing. On web the subtitles are just a mess and off (this one transcodes). It occurs between 2:12 - 3:40 during the opening and between 24:16 till the end. Due to file size limits I'm having issues uploading both the logs and sub file. A screen shot of what I'm seeing in both theater can be found at the urls below due to size limits. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Theater issue (freezes during playback)

https://imgur.com/a/Y18YfKM

Web (subs are off place)

https://imgur.com/a/x5oTDTE

Regards,

Aeonsfury

log-file.zip

aeonsfury

Noticed I was one version old on Emby. Updated to 4.5.2.0 with no change. Log file from the 4.5.2.0 server attached. Some additional information. Narrowed it down to the subs by just turning them off in theater in the playback and it doesn't freeze. I verified in VLC that the subtitles work there with no issue.

4.5.2.0 logs.txt

aeonsfury

Not overly familiar with subtitle files so all i know is that it's a .ass file type. The file itself is attached in the zip up above.

aeonsfury

Yes. This is the only subtitle file in the MKV. If the video is played back with subs off it plays through the section that normally freezes fine.

aeonsfury

According to the device list in Emby its 3.0.11. I downloaded and updated it while testing before opening this ticket. I also realize i didnt provide a 100% description of the issue(sorry about that). The freeze does not occur immediately when the subs are playing during the opening or ending. It will play a few seconds no matter where you start in the opening or ending then freeze.

aeonsfury

Luke,

Sorry for the delay. I downloaded the test version and it worked fine! Played right through the problem sections with no issues.

Sooty,

Same thing, ran it fine in vlc. The below link is the full video file from my gdrive if you still want to take a look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sUVGTd9WbpfRM1rr2rUnnbdxJnG7Dw6l/view?usp=sharing

Edited by aeonsfury

sooty234

I can reproduce it. Right at 2:23, the whole app locks up. This would appear to be the reason:

[  75.454][w][cplayer] Audio/Video desynchronisation detected! Possible reasons include too slow
[  75.454][w][cplayer] hardware, temporary CPU spikes, broken drivers, and broken files. Audio
[  75.454][w][cplayer] position will not match to the video (see A-V status field).

It crashes right after that.

But playing it directly in the current mpv build, it plays through.

Given that the app is locking up, I'd say this is an electron issue. That has been resolved in the test build with a later version.