Directv Guide data missing

needbrew99

needbrew99

Hi All,

When I try and map my channels to the directv guide data, none of the channels show up.  If I cahnge the guide data source to something other than directv they show up.  Is the directv guide data broken?

Likely they use different station codes so you would likely need to use a reference chart.  By this I mean look up your local Fox Channel on the Direct TV chart to find the proper Fox channel, not the channel number then manually match in Emby.

needbrew99

What I mean is that when I select directv, which was working previously, and go to the map channels nothing shows up.  No Channels.  If I change the source to comcast or something else I see my channels but the directv channels I need are not there.  This was working last week as they sometimes move around a little with the mapping.  

Edited by needbrew99

needbrew99

I added the generic directv.  Also tried the directv chicago as I am in that area.  I have a couple of m3u tuners that are assigned different guide data.  This was working fine until this week

image.thumb.png.9f49665a462af0a2b6ffa49927536349.png

If I click on the last one there are no channels.  Here is the guide data selectedimage.png.e52723025afc5c51a94fb4cee639d07e.png

and the empty map section

image.thumb.png.25a25743b48073314f4ec060947f2a99.png

If I change to any other guide I see channels

image.thumb.png.1ae42d82a990bf7c32ded4ae87c0d27f.png

Edited by needbrew99

I'd restart Emby then after the restart do a Guide Refresh and wait for it to get done before looking at the results.

BillyBob1

I did try restarting Emby both inside the docker and restarting Emby Docker. I also made sure Docker was up to date. none of those processes have fixed the problem. 

If you can setup TeamViewer on a PC I can teamview in with you and have a look and try to help you fix this.
Send me a PM if you want to do this.

Carlo

mark-in-dallas

I'm pretty sure this is a temporary glitch with Gracenote, or between Gracenote and AT&T, but thought that I should at least advise of it.

In the Emby Admin -> Live TV, under TV Guide Data Providers, any source set to use Emby Guide Data  and DirecTV or AT&T open to an empty applet with no channel listed when attempted to use the mapping function.  However, if mapped to a Lineup other than DirecTV or AT&T channels do show up and can be mapped.  I have tried several different zip codes and all that I tried came up empty

I do have a current M3U source mapped to Emby Guide Date and DirecTV Dallas, and epg data is available in the front end Guide and the channels do show up, even after refreshing the guide, so it doesn't appear to be completely down, so it doesn't appear to be completely down, just some sort of temporary glitch?

Edited by mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

Sorry for the duplicate post.  Please feel free to delete or merge the thread and I will continue in the other thread.

mark-in-dallas

Cayers,

I'm having the same issue, where a source mapped using Emby Guide Data to DirecTV or AT&T shows no channels in mapping.  However in my case, I have an M3U tuner that was already mapped to DirecTV and the channels are still showing in the front end, can be viewed and scheduled recording are still being recorded, but in the back end the mapping applet is empty.

I also tried adding a new source using the same M3U and setting it up with DirecTV again, and while the channels do show up in the front end Live TV and are playable,  they can not be mapped in the back end.  If I change the guide lineup to a provider other than DirecTV or AT&T the mapping is available.  I have also tried numerous zip codes to see if it might be a localized issue with AT&T or Gracenote, but none show mapping data.

The server log does show Emby Guide Data was found for all DirecTV channels

Edited by mark-in-dallas

Interesting that two of you are having the same issue with the same 2 providers.  I'll be testing this shortly on my test system as well.

@LukeI can confirm I have the same problem on my production and testing system with these two providers.

When you add Direct TV or AT&T Universe and try to map the channels they don't show up.

Version 4.6.0.6 beta

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas
44 minutes ago, cayars said:

@LukeI can confirm I have the same problem on my production and testing system with these two providers.

When you add Direct TV or AT&T Universe and try to map the channels they don't show up.

Version 4.6.0.6 beta

Additionally, for any newly created sources the channels do show up in the front end Live TV with the default mapping data for the source provider.  Previously mapped channels also show in Live TV with correct EPG data for whatever channels they had been mapped to, but are empty in the mapping applet in the back end.

Also on version 4.6.0.6  I am not sure when this issue started, or if it existed in 4.6.0.5 or earlier, but I can try rolling back to an earlier version tomorrow to see if they issue remains.

Edited by mark-in-dallas
  • Like 1

mark-in-dallas

I hope this is helpful, but I found time tonight to roll back to 4.6.0.5, 4.6.0.4 and the stable release 4.5.2.0, and the issue remained in all versions.  I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that this may not be an Emby issue but is more likely with either DirecTV/AT&T or Gracenote

I think I may try a portable install tomorrow of the stable version (fresh install) and see if the problem is there as well.

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

I think I may try a portable install tomorrow of the stable version (fresh install) and see if the problem is there as well.

I'd almost be willing to bet my dollars against your dimes that it will.  I can't see a glitch like this that was caused by Emby to have existed for as long as it has without being previously noticed and reported, and  I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm almost positive that I've opened the DirecTV Guide Provider to map a couple of new channels that my IPTV provider added since 4.6.0.4.

OK your dollars against my dimes.  Actually that's not fare as it will cost me more to ship my dimes. LOL

I know when I remoted in with Tony B. we did a rollback and it didn't help either.  Same on my system but only to previous beta.  I also have 10 versions or so of the system folder available so I may "rollback" to the earliest as well and test that as well.

Like you, I don't think it's an Emby version issue either. It's just smart to test it to make sure it's not something a newer version changed in any config that causes the problem with a rollback. Don't want Luke fishing for something when he doesn't need to.  At least this way we've tested a few things and can be pretty certain if it's version related or a data issue (or data processing issue).

I'd do these tests now but I'm wiped as last night was one of the days I stayed up to help people across the pond with remote support (time zone differences) so I'd rather do some quick testing after a good nights sleep. :)

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas

The more I think about it, the less sure that I am that the glitch isn't in Emby, or more likely to something changed in DirecTV or Gracenote affecting Emby, and my reasoning for the doubt is that since when a adding a new Tuner source and setting DirecTV as the Guide Provider it is pulling the data, mapping the channels to the default DirecTV data and they are viewable in the front end, but then I go back to being almost positive that I have remapped a couple of new channels very recently.  

I'm pretty wiped myself now, but I think in the morning I might try looking at network traffic to see if I notice anything unusual when opening the mapping applet

• Like 1

This morning I rolled back several different version to no avail on my existing systems.
Next I installed the portable version 4.5.2.0 installed an HDHomeRun and added 90210 DirecTV and it worked.
Shut down and upgraded the system folder to 4.6.0.6 and it's still working.

Gonna have to keep digging to see what's different between the systems now.

• Like 1