Emby for Android doesn't recognise my emby premium license

eraser8

eraser8

Hi, 

First, I have emby premier licence working great on my server.

Second, I have NVidia Shield with Emby for Android BETA (I'm a beta tester) installed (version 1.8.52g)

When I got on web access, I can do anything that I want like listen Live TV. But for an unknown reason, since couple of days (like 3 or 4 days) I could no longer listen tv on my shield. The Emby For Android tell me that I don't have the premium licence so it offer me to buy the app. It was always working before but now it no longer work. Is there any other complains about that or I'm alone in my case?

What can I do for you to help? Normally I put the server Log but does it worth this time or it is a problem on my Shield??

Thanks

eraser8
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Make sure nothing is blocking the Shield from getting out to the internet.

Thanks EBR for your response.

I currently have internet access from my SHIELD. I can go on Youtube, play store, netflix, etc.....

If it can help you, I've attach the fresh server log . I simply start the server and turn on my shield/emby

embyserver .txt

eraser8
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The server log won't tell us much.  Please try to play something for just a second and then send a log from the app.

Hi EBR,

I put the log to debug, but now I'm trying to send you the log but it said to me "Unable to send the log". do you know what is the file directory in android? I'll upload it to you.

Thanks

eraser8

OK, Finally, I found an older version of emby for android I had in my download directory (1.8.28g). I try it and all returned normally. So, I supposed the version 1.8.52g is not for me!!

Thanks

12 hours ago, eraser8 said:

I put the log to debug, but now I'm trying to send you the log but it said to me "Unable to send the log".

That's confirmation that the app could not get out to the internet.  I'm not sure how rolling back the app would fix that though.  Can you please try re-installing .52?

eraser8
1 minute ago, ebr said:

That's confirmation that the app could not get out to the internet.  I'm not sure how rolling back the app would fix that though.  Can you please try re-installing .52?

Hi EBR, 

I already tested it 2 times last night before sending you the result. When I install the 5.52, it no longer work. Then, I install the .28 and it works. Nothing special between both install.

I currently have server installed version 4.6.0.5

N.B.: I did retry again this morning to send log through the app but it returned me the same error: Unable to send log, please retry later

Thanks

Can you please try .53? 

I'm concerned because this is about to be released to the public and we need to know if there is a problem.  I still suspect it is some "watchdog" type application on your network somehow but we need to be sure.

Thanks.

eraser8
Just now, ebr said:

Can you please try .53? 

I'm concerned because this is about to be released to the public and we need to know if there is a problem.  I still suspect it is some "watchdog" type application on your network somehow but we need to be sure.

Thanks.

Yes, will try now and be back with the result.

eraser8
27 minutes ago, ebr said:

Was .52 sideloaded?  It could be a setting on the device blocking apps not installed from the store...

Hi ebr,

So, the result is: Stop worry about my problem. I found the cause and you help me to think about it. Since I have young children here, I setup a parental control directly on my router (web filtering) to prevent any king of unwanted stuff like adult content, instant messaging, etc.... And guess what? The Emby for android is now blocked by the "game" option in this filtering feature.

So now, everything is bring back as normal. I was pretty sure it was my fault since I was the only one had this problem, but great thanks to you to help me think about that.

BTW, good job as usual on server and apps! Everything is working great since many month!!

EDIT: Maybe could be great adding an error message to the screen when internet is not reachable?

Edited by eraser8
  • Like 1