Unlock Emby without Google Pay

Erik1974

4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

It was something that appeared in the past that appeared to go nowhere and was removed.  There needs to be something server side to force users to purchase there own apps instead of just absorbing a server premiere slot.

My users have been happy to do it on the androidtv and firetv devices. I haven't had to force anyone. But I think making the option accessible after they've connected to the premiere server would be sufficient, but I see your point as having it be a server side toggle. As a server admin that's about $220 into emby, I'd like as many options available to me as an administrator as possible.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Has there been any further development with the mobile app on making the app unlock accessible even with a user already connected to a premiere server? The solution mentioned earlier was to have the server admin remove the premiere key and then have people purchase the app unlock. But the ability to unlock the app even if the account is connected to a premiere server (much like people can do with the Android TV and Emby for Fire TV apps), would be a huge help.

Thanks.

Hi, I know it shows the unlock on my system (with Premiere) in version 1.8.71g (ATV)

Yes, AndroidTV and FireTVos the unlock is easy to access even when connected to a premiere server. It's just the Mobile apps and Apple TV apps where it can't be done after connected to a premiere server.

18 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, I know it shows the unlock on my system (with Premiere) in version 1.8.71g (ATV)

Edited by Sab39

• 4 months later...

Was just wondering if easier access to the app unlock on Mobile Apps (ios and android) and Apple TVos was in the works for the next app updates? As mentioned before, the app unlock feature is easily accessible in the Android TV and FireTV OS versions, but not existent without removing the premiere key on the server side (an undesireable way of allowing users to unlock the app for themselves).

Thanks.

• Agree 1

On 6/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, Sab39 said:

Was just wondering if easier access to the app unlock on Mobile Apps (ios and android) and Apple TVos was in the works for the next app updates? As mentioned before, the app unlock feature is easily accessible in the Android TV and FireTV OS versions, but not existent without removing the premiere key on the server side (an undesireable way of allowing users to unlock the app for themselves).

Thanks.

Hi, as soon as they try to play, they will be presented with options for unlocking. 

8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, as soon as they try to play, they will be presented with options for unlocking. 

Not if they are connected to a Premiere server.  That is what he is requesting.  Access to the unlock while connected to a Premiere server.