Migrate from binhex-emby to emby branded container

toolmanz

toolmanz

All,

I am having some issues with my hardware acceleration in the binhex-emby container.

Just added 2 nvidia compatible cards to my Dell R710 server. 

Is there documented process that step-by-step moves from the binhex-emby container to the emby branded container?

Running in unraid under Linux 4.19.107-Unraid x86_64 - Unraid 6.83 - latest. Server 48Gb memory;30 Tb disk.

I have installed the nvidia version of unraid with latest drivers 440.59.

I have entered all the correct parameters and both graphics cards show up and have uuid's.

Just wondering if the container is the problem so want to move to the emby branded container.

Just looking for a walkthru of how to move over to the emby branded container.

This will avoid the losing all of the metadata and other stuff.

Did a search and found only this video for Plex migration from Spaceinvader 1: 

Does anyone have a similar step by step for Emby?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Hi, we don't have a documented process for this. Maybe you can just change the docker container that you're pulling from? I 've seen users mention that before.

toolmanz

All,

Always being one to make sure I contribute to online forums - I offer this contribution.

I was able to figure out how to transfer to the emby branded container fairly easily using Luke's comments above and what I learned from various videos and forum posts.

Step by Step Process to Migrate - UNRAID

1. Draw down the Emby branded container to your server.

2. Using your current containers (I was using the Binhex version) property sheet, add/change/delete the various keys and paths to match your old container setup.

With each different container there are differences in how the property sheets come as default.

Match it exactly! 

3. Apply the changes.

4. Shutdown of stop both containers. Both old and new.

5. Then, using a file manager on your server, I use Krusader, to delete the contents of your new (emby branded) containers appdata (named EmbyServer) directory leaving it empty. This is in your appdata directory.

6. Now, using Krusader, copy the appdata directory from your old container (binhex-emby) to the empty (EmbyServer) directory. This will take a bit of time.

NOTE: Moving the appdata is much faster to do but presents risks if something goes wrong. You can avoid this if you have a backup of your most recent appdata.

7. Restart the new container, wait for it to load up and ✨ it works.

Hope this helps somebody out in the future. If you need clarification just post here.

Cheers

PS: I got the video card to do transcoding too!

Edited by toolmanz